If you is a striking, tear jerking masterpiece.

• Bigbang's if you is a sad, resigned ballad from the MADE series that pulls your heartstrings to the tune of its haunting guitar. We start out once again with T.O.P. singing, and the rough vocals he and GD bring help to ground the song, while making it all the more despondent. The song is infused with hopelessness, and follows someone as they watch their lover leave them, realizing that they treated them wrong, and their last plead to try to get back together again. Most of the song is soft, save for Daesung's part, which is loud and powerful, but no less heartbroken. Taeyang's voice fits wonderfully, and by the end he and GD sing the chorus with such sorrow that you can't help but hope along with them. Truly one of the best from BB.

If you:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

previously:

• bumble-bunny

Changed the title of the thread from “If you is a striking tear jerking masterpiece.” to “If you is a striking, tear jerking masterpiece.”.
  • "If You" was what "The Truth Untold" wished it would've been.

Why? Why! Why must people take my beautiful appreciation threads and ruin them? oh why? Why must you come in and mention things like this. No, no. Go away you terrible witch. You have already ruined what is meant to be positive, I hope you stew in guilt for the rest of your life. I hope this guilty sickness lasts generations so that your children's children wonder at the strange ugly feelings they get everytime they think of happiness because one of their ancestors dared to ruin MY APPRECIATION THREAD.

• Why? Why! Why must people take my beautiful appreciation threads and ruin them? oh why? Why must you come in and mention things like this. No, no. Go away you terrible witch. You have already ruined what is meant to be positive, I hope you stew in guilt for the rest of your life. I hope this guilty sickness lasts generations so that your children's children wonder at the strange ugly feelings they get everytime they think of happiness because one of their ancestors dared to ruin MY APPRECIATION THREAD.

I'm sorry...

• If You is one of my all-time favorite ballads. Despite never getting an official music video, it still a fan favorite among VIPs and the Korean general public. A true masterpiece. I especially love Daesung's part, it gives me goosebumps every time!

• such a beautiful sad song...truth be told all of bigbang's mellow songs are great and very special ......boy i miss bigbang...thank you OP for reminding me this masterpiece exists...and now my heart is aching...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!