Its a smart idea to make a Kpop song out of a movie OST

• 1) Headlines: Barely anyone recognizes in GP Korea but once there are headlines about this one Kpop group covering a random movie OST they will check out. Booyah free publicity

2) Familiarity bias: Because ost is popular originally people will like it for its familiarity to the ears. People tend to like things they're familiar to more according to psychology

• i agree! my only problem is what sm did to it lol

some of the changes made it more “single friendly” and ear-catching but most of the changes ruined the song imo

from 2:05 to 2:50 is so weird... and the chant in the second prechorus... i understand adding the rap and wanting to switch something to show off the vocals but 45 seconds of a whole different song in the middle was NOT the way to do it omg

• Yes, because taking inspiration from Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw is definitely something you want to do to achieve artistic excellence! :-D

Just kidding, Aston Wyld's song for the OST is really dope and even though I was skeptical about a remake, after listening to the final result I wish SM sticked more to the original.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!