Donald Trump and his supporters' conspiracy theories are embarrassing

• Yeah, I agree. I feel like the hostile, racist, intolerant attitudes have always been there; they just got emboldened to be put on public display due to Trump's rhetoric. I just hope that the younger generations will be more sensible and united than this.

You know the what worst part is? It's not like a vocal minority or an overrepresented set of followers, it's more or more less half the country that have those set of qualities. When he won it was a huge wake up call about what Americans are really like but over the past 4 years of lies, fights, failures and just overall absurdity of Trumps reign not only did he increase the number of votes he had the 2nd most number of votes in America history. The fuck?! After all the chaos he was more popular than ever, you'd think people would look back and say no more of this shit but no, bring it on more like

When someone like that was close to winning again even after fucking things up it's no longer a wave or trend, it represents what the country is actually like and that is a really scary thought. Americans are some of the most messed up people in the world

• I'm going to be honest. I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I thought maybe this guy had the country and people's best interests at heart, but was just horrible at presenting himself. However, it became apparent that he's an absolute egotistical clown based on how he responds to people who disagree with him. He completely disrespected John McCain, an American hero and one of the good guys in the Republican Party.

Trump was also obsessed with getting rid of everything that Obama created, including things that made perfect sense for us to have. Obama started an agency designated to handling pandemics. We surely could have benefitted from that, but Trump got rid of it. Instead, how did respond to COVID-19? Complete negligence and lack of preparation. Trump downplayed the pandemic, made fun of wearing masks, and lied to us by saying COVID-19 was not a big issue. This led to so many more infections (and worse), but he didn't bother to care one bit. He only cared about winning reelection and spreading lies about so-called "election fraud." His followers ate it up, portrayed the pandemic as something Democrats/liberals used against Trump, continued to deny the seriousness of COVID-19, and decided to fight for a cause they made up in their heads.

Now we're in the situation we're in. COVID-19 should have been our biggest priority since the beginning, but it never was that under Trump's presidency. I have a lot of hope for Biden.

That's my point. In your example trump fucked up the covid response massively, everyone could see it. Hell in the beginning he called it a freaking hoax. Going into elections held during said fucked up pandemic you'd think the voting pubic would see how shit the situation became and at least think about who they're really voting for. Nope. Still super loyal to the man who didn't give a shit about them.

Biden likely will handle it better but at end of the day if almost half the voters saw the poor handling, along with trump's other "achievements" though his term and still thought he was a good candidate then like I said America is messed up. Simply switching pres isn't going to fix it at all

• Still bitching about Trump...

It took two years in to Obama's second term before it wasn't Bush's fault.

Without the platitudes US traditions of accepting legal immigrants hasn't changed. Trump and others did want to change immigration to a merit system. A system that until recently was used for hundreds of years.

Currently it is more about accommodating illegal immigrants. Every Country has laws against illegal immigration. US has the highest amount of illegal immigrants. Most over stay their Visa, most get Government benefits. Ask a tax payer who doesn't want to give US Citizens a free ride about giving Foreigners free money. Some lump these people in as whacked Trump supporters. It is a question what came first, the problem or Trump recognizing the problem. Asking legal immigrants their opinion, they are very against illegal immigrants.

Wrapping oneself up as the compassionate one among hordes of monsters is old game play found to have zero credibility.

• Absolutely agreed. Even months ago, I'd been saying that this isn't strictly a Trump issue. It's an American issue. The fact that people would rather feed their own egos instead of working collectively to overcome the pandemic says it all. I'd go as to say there are people on both sides of the political spectrum who refuse to take this seriously. There are many liberal/leftist folks who go out and party during these times as well. You can take a look at social media influencers to see.

This is a huge deal, and it's way more than just keeping ourselves safe. It's about keeping those around us safe. I feel like many in this country have this selfish, overly individualistic mindset. When they hear that they'd survive if they're young, fit, and have no underlying health conditions, they just stop being concerned about it, neglecting those around them who might really be affected. Then, they'd say it's "oppressive" for us to take collective action to solve an issue that requires collectivism.

It's a shame, really. They don't realize how childish they sound complaining about their perceived freedoms being taken away.

This is a brilliant observation I see it the same way. It is hard to fault them, I have the same mindset. Damned getting used to having individual Rights during a Public crisis. It is a very selfish situation.

• one thing good about trump. 5 years ago the media was full of toxic testosterone misogynists. today they cant buy an open mic. trump sucked up all their fuel. thats why so many celebrities hated him. he stole their thunder AND made them look like powerless idiots when they attacked back.

trump was a glamour hog who sucked the oxygen out of many offensive flames.

• I'm going to be honest. I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I thought maybe this guy had the country and people's best interests at heart, but was just horrible at presenting himself. However, it became apparent that he's an absolute egotistical clown based on how he responds to people who disagree with him. He completely disrespected John McCain, an American hero and one of the good guys in the Republican Party.

Trump was also obsessed with getting rid of everything that Obama created, including things that made perfect sense for us to have. Obama started an agency designated to handling pandemics. We surely could have benefitted from that, but Trump got rid of it. Instead, how did respond to COVID-19? Complete negligence and lack of preparation. Trump downplayed the pandemic, made fun of wearing masks, and lied to us by saying COVID-19 was not a big issue. This led to so many more infections (and worse), but he didn't bother to care one bit. He only cared about winning reelection and spreading lies about so-called "election fraud." His followers ate it up, portrayed the pandemic as something Democrats/liberals used against Trump, continued to deny the seriousness of COVID-19, and decided to fight for a cause they made up in their heads.

Now we're in the situation we're in. COVID-19 should have been our biggest priority since the beginning, but it never was that under Trump's presidency. I have a lot of hope for Biden.

No wonder he's Bolsonaro dumbass idol. Perfect match made in hell. I can only hope to my country to wake up early like yours did.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!