Would Fanfare have done better than More & More as a comeback?

• Do you think Fanfare would've done better than More & More? 17

1. No (7) 41%
    2. Yes (6) 35%
    3. Maybe (4) 24%

I always see on Korean forums that whenever someone brings up Twice's concept change/the genres of the their latest releases (FS, M&M, ICSM and CFM), a lot of people like to mention how they wished Fanfare was a Korean release and how much they missed Twice's cute concepts.

So generally speaking, if Fanfare was the June 1st, 2020 Korean comeback instead of More & More, would it have done better?

As the song is right now, honestly I don't think it would have. I don't know how hung up Korea is on Cute TWICE so maybe it would've done better on Korean charts, but it might've been a set back for TWICE internationally in my opinion. And not just because it's a cute concept, because FANCY and LIKEY were generally well received internationally. Something about that song just lacks that specific umph of a title track in my opinion but I still love it. Had it been prepared as a Korean comeback maybe some of the song's arrangements and composition would be a little different so I don't know but as it stands now I don't think so.

Thoughts?

the resident tzubin shipper

• I think that Fanfare did well in Japan and it was better than More & More but M&M fit the 2020 storyline. ICSM and M&M are connected in obvious ways so I don't think it would work as well if it was a Japanese title track.

Long story short, in More & More they were in the Garden of Eden like in the Christian Bible, and there is an apple that always seemed to appear in the video. It was the forbidden fruit and there was a snake in the mv too. They ate the apple and they went into ICSM which was about being consumed by the darkness and Cry for Me was about being completely consumed by the darkness. I wonder how they will continue this story if they decide to.

Fanfare and Better were totally different in story and I can say that if M&M and Fanfare switched positions that ICSM probably would've been different in a way...

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!