The Gap between Big Hit Entertainment (HYBE) and Edam Entertainment grows further

• I think she will figure out how to 'divide' her time, that is not a big challenge. It is very much possible that she reduces actual singing performances, but take on more composing, the song to Jung Seung Hwan might be the first of many. It is production/performance which takes the bulk of the time, not as much lyric writing and composing.

So she would increase the time on acting, while still keeping a good presence in music. TV shows might be tougher though, movies are better planned.

Whichever route Kakao M takes, there is a good chance that she might have a massive influence on the 'content' side of the business i.e. the artists, while KakaoM handles the technology, money etc. She has the chops for it.

BTS is yet another crest, eventually they will also subside, tastes change, new acts come etc., apart from artistry, what matters is the networks built, mutual investments etc. in any industry. There I think IU is in a great position.

But this post is about business - Hybe vs. Edam and the way it is presented is misleading. LOEN had a long history and backing of SK, Melon and then Kakao M took over. So by the nature of her backing, I don't think there is really a business gap between her and the big 3/4.

If Kakao M does acquire SM, then she would be the 'Senior Singer' of most artists in SM still.

Artistic popularity gaps are not a big deal, they come and go, ever fluctuating, you should know, you have been predicting that X group or Y group whenever they achieve fame, will push her out, has not happened yet, has it?

She can easily ride through BTS period as well - the advantages of starting so young and even if she does not, her artistic legacy is secure beyond doubt.

Never mind international fans etc., which too is a passing phase. Every decade or so, a genre of music from some country will dominate and then it will get merged - Latin America had a big push in the previous period. Now it is Kpop.

The music itself is anyway barely native Korean and now even the language/expressions are increasingly English and generic. So BTS might be the peak for both themselves and Kpop.

Edited once, last by bbgc ().

• WhyKnock

Now Kakao Ent has full taken over Antenna, i.e. YJS

And with plans of IPO, I am betting that your effective owner of EDAM, has a decent % in Kakao Ent and will hit a huge jackpot, when the IPO happens.

18 billion $ is projected valuation. Even if IU has 0.1%, that would be 18 million. About the same BTS have in HYBE (?).

What if she has more than 0.1%?

I would suggest she buys AKP with some spare change and pay you to be a regular featured writer dedicated to her and do a Kpop history project :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!