Why I still dislike YGE when it comes to BP....

• i actually think the 2020 promo was on point

And Rosé solo debut is also on point (except the physical insufficient stocking which sucks as always)

But, we all know the promo was done better because no concert is allowed ATM. So when pandemic is gone, BP gonna be busy touring and have limited releases again

• i actually think the 2020 promo was on point

And Rosé solo debut is also on point (except the physical insufficient stocking which sucks as always)

But, we all know the promo was done better because no concert is allowed ATM. So when pandemic is gone, BP gonna be busy touring and have limited releases again

The way you crushed my heart so easily :pepe-sad:

• idk but maybe releasing a few songs is part of YG’s strategy, 2NE1 also didn’t have that many at the same time in his career

although this is a little frustrating

• idk but maybe releasing a few songs is part of YG’s strategy, 2NE1 also didn’t have that many at the same time in his career

although this is a little frustrating

I wouldnt say it is a strategy but more because the GGs dont produce their own songs, whereas the YG BGs write+produce their own songs. 2ne1 and Blackpink have to rely on Teddy, amd Teddy needs to devote attention to other groups within YG as well

• I wouldnt say it is a strategy but more because the GGs dont produce their own songs, whereas the YG BGs write+produce their own songs. 2ne1 and Blackpink have to rely on Teddy, amd Teddy needs to devote attention to other groups within YG as well

their treatment compared to IKON and Winner was a little unfair a while ago, at least these days it's better

• I wouldnt say it is a strategy but more because the GGs dont produce their own songs, whereas the YG BGs write+produce their own songs. 2ne1 and Blackpink have to rely on Teddy, amd Teddy needs to devote attention to other groups within YG as well

This theory was proven wrong bc let's be real. BP since 2018 brings more money to YGE than any other act there.

It's like this:

You have x with a cost of 100k usd to cb and the results are satisfactory with a profit of 400k. Good? Good!

Then you have y with a cost of 300k usd to cb with a profit of 1.5m usd. Good? Good!

Who would the company invest more? The one who writes their songs and gives a 40% profit or the one who doesn't write that much, but gives a 150% of profit?

This whole idea some people have of YGE idols songwriting means nothing nowadays, BP profit is like 70% of all YGE profits. They having less songs is more about a mismanagement then write things.

Producers and musicians want to work with BP many times and the girls themselves talked about how much they record songs, but unfortunately YGE just gives them a hard time.

I'm not knowledgeable in YG groups. But after a quick search, what I saw was that almost all BP songs relie on Teddy as a composer. To a lesser degree also on 24 and R. Tee. Alas for Treasure, I saw many different composers, what explains why they had much more frequent comebacks.

If you check groups that release a lot, all songs have different composers. YG could hire more composers for Blackpink if they wanted more frequent comebacks.

• It's gonna take more than one year of them giving the girls content they deserve for me to say they're finally treating BP right. BP is the face of YGE at the moment. The sooner YGE realizes that the better. We'll see how they treat them going forward.

If u think about it tho when BB was the face of YG, even they didn't really cb all that often in fact they had a 3 year hiatus between 2012 & 2015 lol

YG flagship = touring but BP can't really hold 2 back to back world tours due to limited discography while by 2012 BB has already released a healthy amount of songs as a group + solo so they toured heavily

BP will always have a yearly cb with the exception of 2022 if my theory pans out ✔️

Also post 2023 contract renewals will obviously be much different

• You do know that most of Blackpink's songs are produced by Teddy right, including all their title tracks. YG as a company only believe (or rely) on Teddy. And Teddy himself believe in less=quality.

We have seen that since 2020 YG started to let other producers work with BP and they ended up as album tracks. This will accelerate album completion as compared to before.

My point is that BP/2NE1 small discography as compared to the YG BGs are result of relying on Teddy. This is a fact. But apparently, YG is now branching out to other producers which could mean more releases for BP moving forward

• You do know that most of Blackpink's songs are produced by Teddy right, including all their title tracks. YG as a company only believe (or rely) on Teddy. And Teddy himself believe in less=quality.

We have seen that since 2020 YG started to let other producers work with BP and they ended up as album tracks. This will accelerate album completion as compared to before.

My point is that BP/2NE1 small discography as compared to the YG BGs are result of relying on Teddy. This is a fact. But apparently, YG is now branching out to other producers which could mean more releases for BP moving forward

I Know and I do like Teddy music, but I hope they don't just rely on him. Their others songs were great too!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!