Aespa members NEW power in Real World

• if you're into aespa's lore, each member has power in the Kwangya world:

- Karina is Rocker Puncher

- Winter is Armamenter

- Giselle is Xenoglossy

- Ningning is ED Hacker

But seems like in real world, they have gotten new set of power

- Karina with super strength

- Winter with ability to balance things (?)

- Giselle with time/motion control

- Ningning with flame generation

SUPERNOVA out today!

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    External Content x.com

External Content x.com

• Why elasticity?

I saw some said that her power might be gravity. As usual, Winter is making people confused @.@

• Yeah. I don't like this. this is very far from their original lore. In their original lore, they are normal people who can only use their power in virtual/digital environment using sync with their aes. And now, they are somehow 'Superbeings' or people with superpowers. There is no relation at all. ;judgingpepe:

Now, I am 100 percent sure that they leave their aes and Kwangya lore. There is no way they can use them back.

• Yeah. I don't like this. this is very far from their original lore. In their original lore, they are normal people who can only use their power in virtual/digital environment using sync with their aes. And now, they are somehow 'Superbeings' or people with superpowers. There is no relation at all. ;judgingpepe:

Now, I am 100 percent sure that they leave their aes and Kwangya lore. There is no way they can use them back.

Hmm on one hand I do agree with you that they seem to move away a bit from the Kwangya world BUT this strange phenomenon in Real World seems to be continuation of the Black Mamba defeat + Naevis sacrifice.

I think it is still part of the story. Maybe, it is something like they are actually still inside Kwangya (despite looking like Real world) because Black Mamba wasnt defeated or there is another new villain which trapped them in parallel world (remember their new concert is named Parallel SYNK)

The above can explain why they still has superpowrr, the world has strange phenomenon in MY World album and them going havoc in Drama. Just my prediction

I feel like you miss a big part of aespa lore

During Spicy they said a strange phenomenon was happening and the girls were the only one not fazed by it

This strange phenomenon seems to have modify probably their "genetics" cuz people were walking on building in karina teaser

In Spicy MV the girls stop time and object, which is kinda what giselle is doing here

And i actually think their power here aren't far from what they always had

Karina having super strengt is related to her rocket punch, the rocket punch is just her using her super strenght in her punch

Giselle stopping object/telekinesis is just an evolution of her power to create barrer

Winter agility power seems to be an extension of her armementer power

Kinda like ninja who are train with weapins have super agility

Only ningning power seems to be new

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• Hmm on one hand I do agree with you that they seem to move away a bit from the Kwangya world BUT this strange phenomenon in Real World seems to be continuation of the Black Mamba defeat + Naevis sacrifice.

I think it is still part of the story. Maybe, it is something like they are actually still inside Kwangya (despite looking like Real world) because Black Mamba wasnt defeated or there is another new villain which trapped them in parallel world (remember their new concert is named Parallel SYNK)

The above can explain why they still has superpowrr, the world has strange phenomenon in MY World album and them going havoc in Drama. Just my prediction

This is the most reasonable. They are trapped in parallel world is very reasonable if they are going to multiverse route.

Modifying genetics is reaching. I don't think Black Mamba defeated in virtual world can affect the real world (real environment). If even it was true, then events in Spicy movie would also happen in Drama movie. They should have superpowers when fighting in Drama movie.

The only plausible reason is that they are trapped in multiverse (following Marvel route). They are probably trapped in different worlds that have different physics law.

• I don't understand SM's plan for Aespa at this point. After Yoo Young-jin left SM, they don't have a producer that can make songs according to their lore.

Now, It's more like they choose song and make aespa's concept (whatever concept it is) according to the song. Their original lore is not like that. Their songs were purposely created by YYJ to move their story forward and fit their lore perfectly. Now we have a multiverse where SM make whatever concepts that fit into songs they choose for Aespa. :drinktears:

Example:

Spicy movie: happy summer concept. they added funny strange events in the movie.

Drama movie: these strange events didn't exist at all. they turned into spies or whatever.

Supernova movie: they are not spies. they have superpowers that don't exist in any previous movie.

• I think it kinda spice things up. Staying in Kwangya forever is only hurting aespa at certain point (the backlash happened in Girls era though real fans enjoyed it)

In a way, aespa's songs have become more GP-friendly since YYJ and LSM left. Both Spicy and Drama have less reference made to Kwangya in the lyrics (only subtle references in Drama). They are avoiding alienating casual listeners and the effects are shown on charts.

I think SM just need to find songs that suitable for aespa sound (which they have always been doing, SM bought songs from the west and YYJ just enhance the productions + restructure + lyrics etc). The song lyrics can always be rewritten to suit the aespa storyline. With how SuperNova sounds like, im sure they havent (or never) given up on Aespa core sound.

One thing with big companies (SM YG JYP) is that they never gonna give up on what they started. They dont just dump a concept entirely. They have the money and they will continue until it works (twerk a bit here & there) unlike small companies which will jump from concepts to concepts till they find success

• In a way, aespa's songs have become more GP-friendly since YYJ and LSM left. Both Spicy and Drama have less reference made to Kwangya in the lyrics (only subtle references in Drama). They are avoiding alienating casual listeners and the effects are shown on charts.

I think SM just need to find songs that suitable for aespa sound (which they have always been doing, SM bought songs from the west and YYJ just enhance the productions + restructure + lyrics etc). The song lyrics can always be rewritten to suit the aespa storyline. With how SuperNova sounds like, im sure they havent (or never) given up on Aespa core sound.

More like current SM can't continue Aespa's lore. They don't want to leave Aespa's lore completely because they are afraid many fans will leave the fandom. So they end up giving random concepts that they think are similar to Aespa's original concept with less quality. I think YYJ is the only one capable to structure the songs to fit Aespa's original lore.

I believe Drama is the best concept for real world (the concept, fighting, etc are plausible in real word) not Spicy. But Spicy is a success, so they continue to put one kidz song for the title track.

• More like current SM can't continue Aespa's lore. They don't want to leave Aespa's lore completely because they are afraid many fans will leave the fandom. So they end up giving random concepts that they think are similar to Aespa's original concept with less quality. I think YYJ is the only one capable to structure the songs to fit Aespa's original lore.

I believe Drama is the best concept for real world (the concept, fighting, etc are plausible in real word) not Spicy. But Spicy is a success, so they continue to put one kidz song for the title track.

Both Spicy and Drama are success. Both peaked top 2 on Kcharts and Drama is having better reception globally and still doing numbers on spotify.

I beg to differ on the point that only YYJ made songs that work for aespa. So far, both Spicy and Drama kinda proven that aespa can somehow continue without YYJ and the quality is decent / on par. Results dont lie.

Even as a MY myself, i do enjoy both Spicy and Drama which kept aespa core sound which is hyperpop and heavy synth.

• I found an interesting theory under comment on PC. Just putting them here

The whole spicy, better things and drama is set on the real world bcs the black mamba arc are closed (during girls era). So some fans are speculating that defeating black mamba and banishing naevis is why their ae counterparts aren't able to connect with aespa anymore. And the real world aespa (spicy, better things and drama) are all different/parallel world (the lyrics of this is in girls). In spicy the girls are just normal girls living their college live but there are some abnormalities happening around them (probs bcs of the causality of black mamba downfall and naevis coming to the real world), in better things the girls are shown to have a holiday after defeating black mamba but at the end were shown to encounter a terrestrial being we don't know of. In drama they were all trying to kill each other (there are theories Karina is evil and controlled by black mamba if anyone remember that one teaser from black mamba era, u would know, so everyone speculates that bm isn't really dead).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!