ONE OK ROCK is the first Japanese artist with 1 billion streams on Spotify

• Source

Today is the anniversary of ONE OK ROCK's major label debut! This is due to the release of their first single "Naihi Shinsho" on April 25, 2007. They have released numerous albums in Japan and abroad, and have achieved 1 billion streams on Spotify, a feat never achieved by a Japanese artist before. A monster band representing Japan.

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I love watching their live performances

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

ead47f74c3dc14bd46149812f2155b77.jpgImage ⁘ 007833105f6b7733cb4d3f8c61fa19ae.jpg3291b57d2612af71f190a448dba0c51c.jpg

• deserved, i haven't been listening to them much lately but they are a really good group

One Ok Rock have been big among the international crowd for a while now, they were the first j-pop artist i heard of. Even now they're still the 3rd most streamed jpop artist just after Yoasobi and Higedan

they were also one of the first J groups i ever heard about and that was several years before getting into jpop, they were really popular in the "pop punk" scene like if in 2012 you liked Paramore or Fall out Boys you probably also knew about ONE OK ROCK

• like if in 2012 you liked Paramore or Fall out Boys you probably also knew about ONE OK ROCK

That's easy to explain since ONE OK ROCK has a conctract to the US-American label Fulled by Ramen and they are the company of Fall Out Boy and Paramore, but also some other acts like for example Twentyone Pilot

• I’ve been a huge fan since their early days, saw them live 3 times! Their latest album didn’t click with me but all of their older discography until XXXV was flawless. I am glad they are still doing well.

I liked it a lot, but Taka revealed a few weeks ago that he was actually done with it. He said the genre was something he thought about, would be something he wants to avoid. He said he would like to go back to the style of his old songs again, saying he only wrote songs like his past releases cause when the group became famous outside Japan he moved to the US for a while and thought to really break trought in the US he needed to compose songs that sound like what Americans enjoy, but he realised he actually hated it.

• ThayI liked it a lot, but Taka revealed a few weeks ago that he was actually done with it. He said the genre was something he thought about, would be something he wants to avoid. He said he would like to go back to the style of his old songs again, saying he only wrote songs like his past releases cause when the group became famous outside Japan he moved to the US for a while and thought to really break trought in the US he needed to compose songs that sound like what Americans enjoy, but he realised he actually hated it.

I am glad to hear that because their own original sound is what made me a fan. Some of their recent songs are good but they pale in comparison to the Japanese early songs. I don’t mind them experimenting and trying to break into the US either - it’s all life experience.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!