Former T-ARA Member Areum Breaks Up With Controversial Fiancé +Claims She Was Coerced By Boyfriend Into Swindling Money

• On April 19, SPOTV News reported that the former idol had broken up with her controversial boyfriend.

Areum had previously revealed she was engaged to her boyfriend in December. She made the revelation while also sharing that she was getting divorced from her previous husband.

Currently, Areum and her now-ex-boyfriend are suspected of defrauding fans and acquaintances out of ₩40.0 million KRW (about $29,000 USD). The former couple were alleged to have done so to support their gambling habits. Areum has since denied all allegations.

Rather than lend us money, the correct way to phrase it would be that there were people who helped us. I couldn’t receive help when I needed it for a ridiculous issue. I am using the money to sue those people and to get my children back. Although the hackers stole money, I borrowed money for a just cause. Life is about sharing what you have. If this was the other way around, I would have helped them, too. I don’t know anything about illegal gambling. I want to show you my phone. I was hacked. All the texts that my phone had sent out were from the hackers. They manipulated it the way they manipulate photos.
    — Areum
  • Former T-ARA member Areum has made claims that her ex-boyfriend coerced her into swindling her followers.

Soon after this report, reporter-turned-controversial YouTuber Lee Jin Ho posted a new video on his channel about this situation, claiming that Areum had emailed him with an email compiling all the evidence and anecdotes supporting her claims. He also shared the content of his phone call with the singer, in which she claimed that she was forced into scamming people.

I have never committed fraud with Mr. Seo. Instead, I was assaulted by him. He imprisoned me at home with my children for several months, forcing me to take out loans.
    — Areum

She also denied using the money for gambling and claimed that it was Seo who did it with her phone.

I have never played TOTO (a sports betting game) either. Mr. Seo took away my phone and played the game.
    — Areum

Lee Jin Ho expressed his skepticism about Areum being a one-sided victim, to which the singer responded by reiterating that she was coerced and that most of the money she received in her account was then redirected to Seo’s bank account.

Lee, however, showed a screenshot of an alleged text conversation between Areum and Seo, where the singer could be seen admitting that she borrowed money for gambling.

F*ck, but I played TOTO with the money I borrowed, so why are you bothered by it, oppa? Is it because I used oppa‘s account? And what about it? I’m a celebrity. Do you want me to do it from my own account?? I told you last time as well. And I did it for only three days anyway! And I said I won’t play TOTO after that. Who are you to tell me to leave and not do stuff? You talk like a f*cking piece of shit.If I leave, I’ll decide for myself. Don’t give me orders. If you want to sleep, go to sleep. If you want to come out, come out. If you want to f*cking sue me, go ahead. You’ll be good at it, too, oppa. But I bet you can’t because of Mideum. LOL. [Expletives] EYou’re making me feel like sh*t right now, stop it.
    — Areum’s message above

Areum further claimed that she had returned all the funds to whoever had sent them. She also plans to file a lawsuit against Seo, hoping that it might clarify her stance.

Lee Jin Ho’s video also mentioned that Seo completely denied these accusations. The YouTuber concluded that the situation needs to be examined by investigative authorities, given the contradicting statements and the complications involved.

Meanwhile, Areum has been in the spotlight for the past few weeks after she exposed the abuse of her former husband. The news was followed by accusations of her and her fiancé scamming people out of money, which she refuted vehemently.

• for someone who desperately wants her kids and wants to blame everything on the ex she tried to take herself from this world. It's a bit selfish of her and she didn't think about her kids at that time...I hope she gets some help because something is wrong with her. Her behavior and actions show this and I don't know her or her group. I fear for her well-being and her kids safety.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!