Do you think Argentina will use the United States dollar (USD)?

• I think the main problem that if they will start using USD now

then people from US could buy lot of land, property and all that in Argentina

because the prices would be 'small' for them

Argentina should somehow think how to rebuild themselves first

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I am from the US, and I can buy an Argentine peso without having to go to Argentina.

of course but think about more this way that with same currency and Milei's plans people from US will be more than welcome in Argentina

let's say person from Argentina can buy an apartment

then person from US come, and they can buy 10 of those apartments

and I'm saying this as person from Poland and to buy 1 USD, I need to have 4 ZŁ

and you need 860 argentinian peso to buy 1 USD

you can go here to compare prices

Cost of Living in Argentina
    Average prices of more than 40 products and services in Argentina. Prices of restaurants, food, transportation, utilities and housing are included.
    www.numbeo.com

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Adopting the US dollar won't make any difference in relative wealth between citizens of the two countries. The idea is to stabilize the currency, stop inflation, and prevent Argentinian politicians from misusing currency expansion to secure political support.

Naturally, the old Peronistas hate this idea, since that was the core of their political platform for many decades.

The only problem is that US politicians are doing the same thing with the dollar, so Argentina may just be postponing the inevitable. If Milei really wants to freak out the looters he should introduce a gold-backed currency - which might attract investors from all over the world who are seeking stability. Taking away the politicians' ability to loot the productive capacity of the nation though currency manipulation could quickly make Argentina wealthy again, and return it to the status it had in the 1920's when it was considered one of the great up-and-coming nations of the world.

You know currency exchange is a thing, right? This wouldn't make anything in Argentina cheaper than it already is, someone who currently owns a certain number of pesos would simply own a lot less dollars. If anything, other countries using our currencey will just make our own inflation worse.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!