2024 is the last year for Soyeon in "the best female rapper" status

• I guess she doesn't has that competitiveness, hunger and ferocity anymore that she had during her difficult trainee days.

Nowadays all her comebacks top the chart anyways so she's much more relaxed and just trying out different concepts or whatever she likes.

I guess this quote is applicable:

"Tough times create strong men, strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men"

yea sure trying out random styles making new music yea but her raps sound like dog vomit it's crazy

• You mean, Soyeon is the best rapper of ALL-TIME or in 4th gen? If we're talking about an all-time list, she's not even in the TOP5, I think. Maybe I could squeeze her in.

For me, the All-Time list is like this, if we not only count who's the fastest and more mainstream. Those two creteria is 100% irrelevant. They should write their own parts, they need to have a good flow and be versatile.

1. Hyoyeon (SNSD)

2. Moonbyul

3. CL

4. Jessi

5. maybe Soyeon, but after seeing WiTCHX Mari, I think she's going to be the 3rd.

But Soyoen is definitely the best in the 4th gen.

Julie (KISS OF LIFE) and Sunhye (YOUNG POSSE) are great but it's too early to rank them.

• Last time soyeon did a good rap was probably in 2020 in the 'im the trend' song.

Current soyeon will get destroyed if she rap battles the 17 year old soyeon from unpretty rapstar era.

As much as I love Soyeon, I have to agree with this, but let's be honest, this is only happened because she's doing too much at the same time. She's literally CUBE itself.

• I mean 4th gen

"You can troll on your main and we have plenty examples of that" (c) Ves

soojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-gidle.gif

• Soyeon doesnt have to prove herself to anyone , she already has proven it rap style, freestyle, writing, producing. Shes like CL, she has cemented herself already as a legit artist. Its the new artist that have to prove to the public that they can do it too.

• Soyeon doesnt have to prove herself to anyone , she already has proven it rap style, freestyle, writing, producing. Shes like CL, she has cemented herself already as a legit artist. Its the new artist that have to prove to the public that they can do it too.

Exactly! This why I always say: The only thing that an artist can lose is the hype. Talent is not something you can lose.

I mean, I don't think Eminem is hyped nowadays, but there's no one on this planet who would say he's not a Legend. Being mainstream is only last 10 years or so, at best. Especially in Kpop.

• You mean, Soyeon is the best rapper of ALL-TIME or in 4th gen? If we're talking about an all-time list, she's not even in the TOP5, I think. Maybe I could squeeze her in.

Yes, Soyeon is the best female kpop rapper of all time.

Also your list sucks. No Miryo? CL and Jessi ahead of Le?

Absolute nonsense. It's so easy to tell this forum only ever listens to big 3/4 groups and doesn't have a clue otherwise.

• Yes, Soyeon is the best female kpop rapper of all time.

Also your list sucks. No Miryo? CL and Jessi ahead of Le?

Absolute nonsense. It's so easy to tell this forum only ever listens to big 3/4 groups and doesn't have a clue otherwise.

No offense pal, but EXID is one of my favorite group and 90% of my favorite artists are from small agencies. Stop talking nonsense if you don't know anything about me.

I love Soyeon, but she's not the best female rapper of all-time. My list wasn't about who I love the most, because in that case, Moonbyul would be the 1st! She's the most versatile and most credited female artist of all-time. A couple of years and she's going to be #1. The others are clear. I'm not biased, unlike you.

I made a list with rappers whom are writing their own lyrics, have the best flow and style, and they're versatile.

• No offense pal, but EXID is one of my favorite group and 90% of my favorite artists are from small agencies. Stop talking nonsense if you don't know anything about me.

Your list shows you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about?

CL is a great performer, but for technical skillset, she is not that great at rapping. Jessi is marginally better then still behind 10-15 of kpop's greatest female rappers.

But the real crime is Hyoyeon from SNSD as number 1. She's mid-tier at best. She doesn't have great rhymes, her flow variety is non-existent, she often has live syncopation issues... like even if you disagree with Soyeon, Hyoyeon at number 1 and CL at 3 means you are conflating other characteristics with actual rapping (in a most generous way I can give you those rankings).

Basically, you serve up that list - just means you've got zero idea. To put it bluntly.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!