Somi has launched her own makeup brand GLYF!!

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

글맆 GLYF (@glyfing) • Instagram photos and videos
    870 Followers, 1 Following, 14 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from 글맆 GLYF (@glyfing)
    www.instagram.com

nice!! horrible name tho lol

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com

• My thoughts exactly! It's been a trend here for... Almost a decade? Or more. The Fentys and Rare Beautys are a dime a dozen. I hear about another celeb starting their own makeup brand and go, "oh... Another one? What's new."

• Congrats to her.

But is it GLYF as in G-Life! :pepe-firing:

Jesus Christ, Kpop is drowning in horrific names. First, Teddy's unpronounceable rumored GG name and now this monstrosity. If y'all though Super M -> Sperm was bad, wait till the GLYF -> GILF jokes start piling up.

somi's bs explanation about the name lol:

GLYF was inspired by ancient hieroglyphic glyphs. Like ancient hieroglyphs with different shapes and meanings, I hope people can interpret my cosmetics in their own way and freely express their own beauty and individuality. I expressed it stylishly by changing only the PH to YF. From brand concept to product development, there is nothing I haven't participated in. The meeting lasted as long as 6 hours!

• Not sure if the timing is good after her Starbucks controversy. People may put her brand on the boycott list. And the name is truly bad

there are already so many korean makeup brands out there and the price isn't really helping... but there's prob a market for idol starting makeup brands in korea since she's the first idol to launch this? like kylie did with kylie cosmetics

• Congrats to her for the launch of her makeup brand. Hope it'll be a success.

In the west so many female singers launch makeup brands. But it's not the trend among popular kpop female idols.

The name ain't cool tho.

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• there are already so many korean makeup brands out there and the price isn't really helping... but there's prob a market for idol starting makeup brands in korea since she's the first idol to launch this? like kylie did with kylie cosmetics

Yeah but Kylie was lucky. She did lip fillers and somehow managed to make her fans think, she got those lips from her lip kits lol. Somi isn't the most liked idol currently. But we'll see - I may be wrong

• Congrats to her for the launch of her makeup brand. Hope it'll be a success.

In the west so many female singers launch makeup brands. But it's not the trend among popular kpop female idols.

The name ain't cool tho.

yeah prob it's not that easy to manage, unlike going into acting/being a soloist... the pinks should try launching their own makeup/clothing brand

• External Content twitter.com

I thought she said she was going to start a lingerie brand. What happened with that :pepe-slash:

• Not sure if the timing is good after her Starbucks controversy. People may put her brand on the boycott list. And the name is truly bad

Very few Koreans care that Somi drank Starbucks half a year ago. The people that do need clinical help.

External Content twitter.com

The Five Horsemen Of The Apocalypse
    BP2.jpg Very-Very-Very-Smaller.gif BP1.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!