Why do people still fall for this?

• So some troll/fan of third group/jealous hater/Kpop in general hater posts something like:

"Group A is much better than group B".

Cue, people from group A starting to insult group B and the other way around. Happens mostly on Twitter but here as well.

Don't people realize they are a little bit manipulated?

This is not aimed at a specific fandom, (happens in my own fandom as well), but instead of laughing at OP/insulting OP/ignoring OP or best of all: blocking OP, they all do right what OP wants, rewarding OP and encouraging even more of this behavior.

• Go to Best Answer
    • Best Answer

Simple; a lot of people can't just let go of others' opinions. When they have the freedom to push back against an opinion they disagree with in an anonymous setting with no consequences for it, more often than not they will.

• The biggest problem here, most of the time, is not really OP. Sometimes they are a known troll and they aren't dead serious about insulting a group or inciting rivalty and just want to mess around, so a lot of moments, It doesn't gain traction, cause users are joking back.

Most of the fan wars start because regular users take advantage of OP's courage to drag a group and start giving their hot take about how they (in)directly agree with what is being shared. So fans of the group will quote the regular users who will quote them back and It starts to be messy.

• Fansamy

Selected a post as the best answer.
  • Simple; a lot of people can't just let go of others' opinions. When they have the freedom to push back against an opinion they disagree with in an anonymous setting with no consequences for it, more often than not they will.

Good point.

Thing is, they are rewarding a hateful OP by doing what they want.

If everyone ignores it, it becomes boring for the troll/hater, but because they give them what they want, they keep doing it

• The biggest problem here, most of the time, is not really OP. Sometimes they are a known troll and they aren't dead serious about insulting a group or inciting rivalty and just want to mess around, so a lot of moments, It doesn't gain traction, cause users are joking back.

Most of the fan wars start because regular users take advantage of OP's courage to drag a group and start giving their hot take about how they (in)directly agree with what is being shared. So fans of the group will quote the regular users who will quote them back and It starts to be messy.

True. Some folks have a bone to pick with a specific group and will say anything, so when a known troll puts up a bait post, they use that opportunity to go ham and shade whatever group they wanna shade lol. It's mostly prevalent on Pannchoa (i swear some of the users that used to post here are on that site, the posters there use the exact same talking points lol).

• True. Some folks have a bone to pick with a specific group and will say anything, so when a known troll puts up a bait post, they use that opportunity to go ham and shade whatever group they wanna shade lol. It's mostly prevalent on Pannchoa (i swear some of the users that used to post here are on that site, the posters there use the exact same talking points lol).

From what I've seen of Pannchoa, it's one of the worst trash things on the internet.

• because people feel a deep seated need to defend their favs and attack others...

I have not once defended my favs nor attacked any group

no one in the history of kpop or twitter has ever said yeap I'm wrong you're right your fav is better than mine lol

• everytime i see pc-admin translate a toxic post, i remember this and i suddenly feel better

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• everytime i see pc-admin translate a toxic post, i remember this and i suddenly feel better

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Is that seriously the admin? =O

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!