Any Korean BBQ/ Korean Pork Belly Cooking Tips? / Your favourite recipes?

• So around November of last year I started working out and promising myself to stop eating a lot of frozen and fast food, so naturally I've taken up cooking and feel a lot better about my food choices. (My Mum has like five cookbooks that have been such a huge help!)

However, now that I moved, I have two local Asian Grocery Stores by my house and have started cooking Korean Pork Belly to my Protein Routine.

I would love to know any tips or your favourite recipes you have found online that you wanted to share.

Have a great week! :white-heart:

• Seeing if Korean BBq is doable.

28 Recipes for the Ultimate Korean Barbecue, from Meats and Sides to Noodles and Rice
    These Korean barbecue recipes, from pork, beef, and squid to side dishes, sauces, and rice, make for a supremely flavorful cookout
    www.bonappetit.com

Entrees and sides and sauces.

I think I can do the Meat entree well enough.

Its the sides something new.

Meal idea

Protein : Soy sesame short Ribs.

Banchan : Spicy scallion, onion Salad. Sauteed Zucchini. Soy glazed shiitake mushrooms.

Vegetable : Store bought Kimchi.

Sauce : ? Seems the Banchan would cover good enough.

Carbs : Steamed Rice.

Will I make it? Yes, a perfect use for short Ribs.

soy-and-sesame-short-ribs.jpg

spicy-scallion-and-onion-salad.jpg

kimchi-style-sauteed-cabbage.jpg

chopstick-ready-rice.jpg

• So Far gathered all ingredients. Fortunate Sale price on a big package of Short Ribs. Enough for 12 servings. Tip is freeze extra 8 servings of Short Ribs and marinade sauce.

Tip is sharp knives. Safer thin slicing of Short Ribs.

What to do with most of unused Cabbage?

82nVVdr.jpg

Beef Short Ribs very good. Marinade allows the Beef to shine through.

Saute cabbage also very good. Dressing is very intense, I used too much. Ginger, garlic and green onion flavors

Edited once, last by 4NIA4 ().

• Left overs has a larger portion of Beef Short Ribs.

The rice made a few days got dried out. Tip? at least its new to me. Re-steamed the rice in the steamer, turned out okay.

VYYDyiK.jpg

These are first Korean BBQ I've tried. I think I hear more clearly Korean lyrics in kpop now. XD

Curious about indoor Grills people are using.

Stove top grills have the benefit of smoke capture by the stove fan.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!