What would have happened if Bang decided to do concert with the 4 younger members only?

• Would a 4 (or 3) member BTS unit have beaten Taylor Swift? 2

1. Yes (0) 0%
    2. No (2) 100%

The Pop war of 2023 ended with an Absolute Victory by Taylor Swift, and the complete defeat of BTS who will face an uncertain environment in 2025, with NewJeans and Iu waiting against them before they go further.

A rumor which circulated for many months was what if BTS would form a 'unit', and just have concerts with either 4 (RM, Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook) or 3 (excluding RM) and make them run concerts.

Since the younger 3 were the 'core' members, I don't think they would have done badly around the world.

I personally don't like the 'all fan' ethos, which has made Kpop extremely vulnerable against repeated assaults by IU who does not have to worry about that and will attack whenever a major act has something happening to a member.

Starship is now basically the only company not employing the 'all fan' ethos, in which no member is more equal than the group itself, Starship makes sure Wonyoung (and possibly Yujin) is more equal than the group which does help her, although regrettably it is not doing that too much nowdays.

It would have been a bold move since it would have abandoned the other 3(or 4) members, but given that whatever the older, tired and now washed up BTS might do after 2025 with a changed world ethos would be less impressive than what it could do in 2022 - 2025 with 3/4 members and would have silenced Min Heejin, Lee Jieun and others forever, it became a fateful choice.

The younger 3 could drag their military services till 2026, which would have made a big, huge difference. It would have been legal so there would be no consequences back in Korea, although the incels, who are now complaining that BTS might get preferential treatment in the units, would have balked no matter what.

A very strange decision, I have to say.

• "although the incels, who are now complaining that BTS might get preferential treatment"

Are these people in the room with us or is it you projecting?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!