Most favorite celebrities of Korea, 2023 - As always Yoo Jaesuk is at the top and it is so hard for KPop figures to pierce thru the old relics

• There is an infamous phrases, "Meet the New Boss , same as the Old Boss".

The Korean penchant to stick with ballads has created a very curious situation in which Korea is putting a certain 1,344 years old singer as its top singer , once again

Daily Sports Hankook, a rag which counts the celebrity ranking, gave this statistics

1. Yoo Jaesuk

2. IU

3. BTS

4. Namgoong Min, actor. He is less known outside of Korea since he is not really welcome in netflix and others, so he is another domesticist like #2

5. Lim Youngoong, trottist

6. Yoona

7. Choi Boolam, a senior actor. I think he is now over 80.

8. Lee Hyori, in her 40s

9. Jo Insung, Lee Byunghun, actors

LBH is in his 50s and I think Jo Insung is also in his 40s

11. Kim Hyeja, senior actress; Lee Youngae, pushing 50; Hyunbin, also past 40

14. An Sunggi, a staple of 1980s Korean movies (i.e. not so young), Han Hyojoo, pushing 40; Don Lee, past 50

Karina, Ahn Yujin and NewJeans were ranked but their percentages are small.

Yoona has stopped singing for the last few years so is counted as an actress.

After all these years, BTS did not break the stranglehold of the It Hag of Korea.

The It Hag did almost nothing in 2023, other than being a movie which was a bomb, and having a fan concert.

But the Koreans continue to vote the It Hag over BTS and everyone else.

I am now losing hope on humanity.

• Why are NJ so low? IVE not on this list + vv low votes on the Power People list as well. 4th gen is by far the least impactful gen in Korea.

MBC daesang confirmed for Nam Goongmin.

Also, Yujin is here but not Wonyoung. Both Yujin and Karina rank higher than Jennie. 2nd gen IT girls like Suzy and YoonA are also ahead of her. Interesting.

No BTS member but Cha Eunwoo made the list..

Capture3.JPG

• Yoona: Am I a joke to you?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Pull up in a ghost Peek a peek a boo hoo Vroom vroom

XWQN6MB.png

• Namgoong Min, not Nam Goongmin. Some Koreans have two syllable surnames, and Namgoong Min is one of the few who have such surname. Such people are less than 2% of the entire Korean pop, barring people who came from other countries.

The only figure in Korean pop which had a two syllable surname I can think now was Hwangbo Hyejung of Chakra, who used her surname as her stage name.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!