The new Korean defence minister says that BTS diligently fulfilling their military duties just like other ROK soldiers conveys a positive image to the public and that from this point on celebs entering military should not be given any other tasks !!!

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Screenshot 2023-11-07 at 7.16.12 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-07 at 7.14.52 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-11-07 at 7.14.45 PM.png

• paradis

Changed the title of the thread from “The new Korean defence minister says that BTS diligently fulfilling their militay duties just like other ROK soldiers conveys a positive image to the public” to “The new Korean defence minister says that BTS diligently fulfilling their military duties just like other ROK soldiers conveys a positive image to the public and that from this point on celebs entering military should not be given any other tasks !!!”.
  • Let them serve in peace. There are enough photos and news stories showcasing their incredible service and duties during their enlistment. I am sure the SK government has a hand in all those leaks to convey how great military service is to the male population of SK that will need to fulfill their own requirements soon.

I saw this story and was afraid this was some kind of last ditch effort to try and salvage their world expo bid which will be announced in a matter of weeks. The brilliant Busan concert was such a triumph for the expo bid but then the SK government pissed it all away with Boyscoutgate

• Let’s see how long this lasts. The boyscout jamboree was a giant pr disaster and they immediately sent a SOS to BTS. Also the SK government wanted to use Jin for some type of military personnel trip to the US but was scrapped. Nobody but BTS can ensure the kind of notoriety /public and media support the SK government craves to distract from their fuck ups

• As long as military can keep the members safe during their service free from any stalking, unauthorized treatment etc, i also would rather not see them knowing they are not disturbed

But I don’t forget that jin’s safety did get compromised, so i will still be wary with government and military

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

What are BTS members serving in the military to be dragged out to any event at the whims of the SK government

• I'm glad BTS will turn down their government using them for money while they are forced to serve but basement dwellers playing games all day get to skip enlistment.

I agree "basement dwellers" should serve if they are able bodied and no more celebrities making military service some kind of easy part time job where they do some song and dances.

• Good News it always left a bad taste in my mouth seeing our government use the idols while they were enlisted for shit that has fuck all to do with the military. Let them serve and carry out their duties in peace like the rest of us.

Being asked to do extra bs for nothing is bullshit.

Usually when you are asked by the brass to do something that usually involves an incentive another week of leave or a possible promotion. Not some politics crap. So good on them for finally getting that shit sorted out

• I agree "basement dwellers" should serve if they are able bodied and no more celebrities making military service some kind of easy part time job where they do some song and dances.

Celebrities never made it easy in the military 😂😂😂. The extra shit they were given along with their MOS actually made their time harder. The government was exploiting them

What are BTS members serving in the military to be dragged out to any event at the whims of the SK government

Political shenanigans always fuck shit up. Im glad this has ended. The members like any celebrity, it didn't matter what they were doing these spineless politicians looking to boost themselves would twist the arm of the top brass to get celebrity soldiers for their bs events, regardless of the fact taking them away from their post and their mos actually affected the readiness of the military and risks their safety. More time dealing with your bullshit left them less time to study and master their assignments which could be bad, example say Jin was a tank commander, instead of being a pro at driving a tank,he ends up with less skill, and crashes it getting hurt or hurting others because bs politicians kept pulling him away from his job giving him less time to actually learn and master it

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!