Kpop is heading towards a minor crash

• > high debt from companies

> high debt from customers

> kpop already reached its peak in Western and Japanese markets

> CCP won’t allow kpop to get bigger in China

> companies overspend expecting higher profit but it’s less than expected

> debt cycle continues

It already hit different industries. Kpop will get its turn

Fans are already witnessing the effects of higher costs, and lower budget productions will become more normal

This also means more delays and “big groups” performing in events that were previously “beneath them”

If fans don’t keep up then you’ll start seeing more kpop companies get reduced, merge or go bankrupt

• For someone who's been in kpop since 2000, you sure are recyling an old ass kpop thread. I will give credit that I've not seen a "Kpop is going to crash" thread since 2016 though, so it's a kudos for reviving such a dead topic.

Well at least globally. That whole stretch of 2019- early 2021 about how the Korean public doesn't care about kpop anymore sure took its spot for a while.

• lol people have been calling for the end of Kpop since 1999. It will be fine. Eventually it will peak and reach a steady state plateau, with old groups leaving and new fans coming in at the same rate. The birthrate in East Asia, Europe and the US is low enough where it will eventually make an impact on ALL facets of the world economy not just Kpop and music.

• not in JYP's case for sure

they have very healthy finances

maybe they don't earn as much as competitions

but for sure they don't spend hefty money

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• For someone who's been in kpop since 2000, you sure are recyling an old ass kpop thread. I will give credit that I've not seen a "Kpop is going to crash" thread since 2016 though, so it's a kudos for reviving such a dead topic.

Well at least globally. That whole stretch of 2019- early 2021 about how the Korean public doesn't care about kpop anymore sure took its spot for a while.

what company are you working for?

You know I literally have a connection to an insider in kpop

• what company are you working for?

You know I literally have a connection to an insider in kpop

I don't need one?

Just general corporate logistics and the trends of industries would tell you that kpop is not a particular outlier compared to the rest of the music industry to suggest it's heading towards a crash any more than any other notable industry.

• I don't need one?

Just general corporate logistics and the trends of industries would tell you that kpop is not a particular outlier compared to the rest of the music industry to suggest it's heading towards a crash any more than any other notable industry.

corporations lie all the time

• corporations lie all the time

I never said they didn't?

Unless you wanna share your insider info on some major fuck up in terms of like the distribution chain or marketing costs or some buy back shit... there's no reason to view Kpop as heading for a realtor industry crash.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!