Help me brainstorm a horror story

• Okay, so I want to make a horror story. I've never done one before and I have no idea where to start. I know that I want it to be psychological horror and I don't want to do something overdone like stalker or serial killer. Give me ideas. The crazier the better.

• hmm. I like horror stories and movies. I like psychological horror like hereditary, us, midsommer, and the Japanese movie perfect blue. You could take inspiration from those sort of movies. I write a lot of stories about cults, kinda weird but that's just where my mind goes. You could do something on some type of haunting/brainwashing. Honestly the best way to brainstorm is to watch a bunch of horror shows/movies and make your own story from all the things you liked from each thing you watched.

• hmm. I like horror stories and movies. I like psychological horror like hereditary, us, midsommer, and the Japanese movie perfect blue. You could take inspiration from those sort of movies. I write a lot of stories about cults, kinda weird but that's just where my mind goes. You could do something on some type of haunting/brainwashing. Honestly the best way to brainstorm is to watch a bunch of horror shows/movies and make your own story from all the things you liked from each thing you watched.

I don't like horror movies though. I've been reading lots of horror lately and while it's really well done, it's always the same kind of story.

Also, this is the first real serious post that I've ever seen from you and I'm shocked. Usually, when I see your posts, I can't tell if you're joking or not, but this was an actual answer and I'm at a loss for words.

• I don't like horror movies though. I've been reading lots of horror lately and while it's really well done, it's always the same kind of story.

Also, this is the first real serious post that I've ever seen from you and I'm shocked. Usually, when I see your posts, I can't tell if you're joking or not, but this was an actual answer and I'm at a loss for words.

Yes people are shocked to know that I am not actually crazy (even though I mostly am). That is true about the horror novels, I know scream isn't a novel it's a movie parody on horror films but I consider that to sort of be a tell tale on the type of content we see in horror novels/movies. I have had this same idea for a story for years, like mapped out all the characters, drawn how they look, and everything, but when I go to write it I have so many ideas that it's hard to form a cohesive story. It's about a cult that is formed by a corporation to create spies for their country...and it follows a male character whose from a different country that has been sent to infiltrate the cult and basically kill all of the other spies, sounds a lot like an action story but the cult itself is very creepy and basically supernatural beings. That's the only idea I have for horror lol, probably why I will never get published. :cryingk: I'm not good at giving ideas either...probably why everyone at my school hates to be grouped with me for projects. :(

• I have had this same idea for a story for years, like mapped out all the characters, drawn how they look, and everything, but when I go to write it I have so many ideas that it's hard to form a cohesive story. It's about a cult that is formed by a corporation to create spies for their country...and it follows a male character whose from a different country that has been sent to infiltrate the cult and basically kill all of the other spies, sounds a lot like an action story but the cult itself is very creepy and basically supernatural beings.

Write it. Just sit down and crank it out and edit it for aesthetic later. That's what I do. Sometimes I have whole paragraphs of writing that get spilt up and/or moved to an entirely different part of the story. It's so much easier to make it cohesive after the fact. Good stories always have horribly indecipherable first drafts.

• Write it. Just sit down and crank it out and edit it for aesthetic later. That's what I do. Sometimes I have whole paragraphs of writing that get spilt up and/or moved to an entirely different part of the story. It's so much easier to make it cohesive after the fact. Good stories always have horribly indecipherable first drafts.

Yes, I really want to get published, I always have this dream of making a movie or tv show out of my book and becoming a billionaire . Writing is really fun when you don't put too many rules onto it.

• Yes, I really want to get published, I always have this dream of making a movie or tv show out of my book and becoming a billionaire . Writing is really fun when you don't put too many rules onto it.

You can do it if you really want to. Where there's a will, there's a way. The first step to getting published is to have something to publish.

And I agree 100% that writing is fun without rules. It's hard to be creative when you put yourself in a box.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!