Dumb things people say on the internet

• What are some dumb things you see people say on the internet?

I will start:

-"I don't care about..."--- but responds within 0.034 seconds to anyone talking about the topic :clown:

-Person 1 makes it clear they say something about part of a group of people/things by saying words like 'some' or 'most'---Person 2 gets mad and comes with several receipts about this one person/thing that is not like that. Ehm yeah, it was already made clear that it wasn't all or Person 1 would have used the world 'all'.

-"I am done with this conversation"--- replies at least 20 more times to the discussion.

-"But THEY did it first..." which is exactly what 'they' would say to justify their actions (mostly used in fanwars).

• Best Answer

People unironically explaining why they're morally superior to people from the past and lamenting how awful everyone was.

Get over yourselves. It won't take a hundred years before your precious moral high ground of today has you 100+ metres below sea level - and it won't just be due to global warming.

• i feel like i don't have the credentials to discuss dumb things people say on the internet because i in-capsule the whole 'dumb things people say on the internet' thing. i have a whole online career dedicated to saying dumb outrageous things on the internet. i love when people are stupid and wrong, just so real to me. idk.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• People unironically explaining why they're morally superior to people from the past and lamenting how awful everyone was.

Get over yourselves. It won't take a hundred years before your precious moral high ground of today has you 100+ metres below sea level - and it won't just be due to global warming.

Agreed.

And what do you think about older people complaining about young people glued behind a screen and they do the complaining online, from behind a screen?

• Agreed.

And what do you think about older people complaining about young people glued behind a screen and they do the complaining online, from behind a screen?

Hm...

At first glance it seems hypocritical and I'm sure it is in many cases, but it doesn't take long to write a post. The question is how many hours per day these older people spend behind the screen, complaining, compared to those they're complaining about. They could very well have a valid point and not be hypocrites at all.

• Hm...

At first glance it seems hypocritical and I'm sure it is in many cases, but it doesn't take long to write a post. The question is how many hours per day these older people spend behind the screen, complaining, compared to those they're complaining about. They could very well have a valid point and not be hypocrites at all.

Many older people who complain about this kind of stuff are constantly on their phones or behind the tv screen.

• Many older people who complain about this kind of stuff are constantly on their phones or behind the tv screen.

Probably. But at least in my family, the older people are, the less time they spend online with those 70+ usually not even able to use a computer properly.

And I mean, I spend a lot of time on my computer, but even I spend less time online than my younger cousins. They're on their phones literally all day, even during family gatherings. They don't even put them down to eat, they just place the phones next to their plates, eat with one hand and keep scrolling/texting with the other.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!