SME profit 4th quarter 2020

• S
    Posted by beansss 8 hours ago

SM Entertainment's 2020 fourth quarter business performance results revealed

AKP STAFF 1615516834-20210311-sm.jpg

According to Shinhan Investment Corp. analysts on March 12, SM Entertainment recorded total business sales of 184.2 billion KRW (~ $162.5 million USD) and business profits of 1.3 billion KRW (~ 1.2 million USD) in the fourth quarter of 2020.

Compared to the company's 2019 performance results, total business sales decreased by 5%, and business profits decreased by 90.2%.

However, Shinhan Investment Corp. emphasized that while revenue from outdoor events, concerts, and in-person activities significantly decreased last year due to the COVID19 pandemic, the company's overall music and album sales have increased. As a result, the analysts predicted that if the COVID19 situation improves some time in the later half of 2021, SM Entertainment will likely see major increases in earnings and profits.

In addition, the analysts discussed the upcoming activities of SM Entertainment artists in the first and second quarter of 2021. "The online concert and IP activities of aespa's avatar brand, i-aespa, will be expanded this year. Sales and revenues are expected to increase also as a result of members of SHINee and EXO returning to broadcast promotions."

source: akp artide March 12, 2021

I hope aespa will bring profit soon :-)

• Hermes1

Changed the title of the thread from “SME profit 2020” to “SME profit 4th quarter 2020”.
  • They made 21 billion won deficit. They didnt have net profit. Operational profit, maybe.pasted-from-clipboard.png

Its kind of funny how all big3 so far mediaplay their operational profit and stay all silent about the negative net profit numbers.

• What about Red Velvet, do they continue to run as girl group in 2021

SM will give a group comeback before their contract runs out (they promised that last year). However, their continuity will depends on the results. I believe SM wants the results at least on par with psycho if the results below expectations , Rv will sadly go down f(x) route imo (not all renewing)

• SM will give a group comeback before their contract runs out (they promised that last year). However, their continuity will depends on the results. I believe SM wants the results at least on par with psycho if the results below expectations , Rv will sadly go down f(x) route imo (not all renewing)

As solo artists they allways can continue their career.

Before GG members Seohyun and Tiffany left SNSD they got solo album. Only Sooyoung declined it.

Luna from F(x) also released solo album.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!