People who do not look their age

• Years later and I just found out that Bella Hadid is 1 year younger than Gigi Hadid and I thought Bella was older than Gigi ... and I also thought that Bella was in her 30s but jesus she is only 26 o.o

before you ask: the google results claim she was 26 in case I missunderstood something so em

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• well years ago when I googled who Bella Hadid is I had to check 3 different sites to make sure she was born in 96 - a year younger than me - since I thought she was at least 35

and actually a couple of weeks ago me and my sister was wondering why so many people look older than their age in Hollywood so out of curiosity we showed pictures of Bella to my mom and she guessed 38 and was quite shocked to learn she is almost the same age as me

so yeah we came to the conclusion:

plastic surgery/filers etc. + style of make up + extensive tanning + famous people's extreme life style (drugs/alcohol/smoking etc.) = looking older than their age

• didn't bella got buccal fat removal? chubby/full cheek is a sign of youth so if she take them out early it may contribute to her looking older.

secondly nowadays the line between 20s and 30s are blur. you don't see drastic change until late 30s, unless you have lived a very terrible lifestyle.

• didn't bella got buccal fat removal? chubby/full cheek is a sign of youth so if she take them out early it may contribute to her looking older.

secondly nowadays the line between 20s and 30s are blur. you don't see drastic change until late 30s, unless you have lived a very terrible lifestyle.

Or maybe later than that. A lot of celebrities don't look their age because of work they've had done. Sadly, they're hung up about ageing and will do whatever they can to slow it down instead of ageing gracefully. It's sad to think that ageing is viewed as a terrible thing. I'm in my mid 50's and loving it.

• Or maybe later than that. A lot of celebrities don't look their age because of work they've had done. Sadly, they're hung up about ageing and will do whatever they can to slow it down instead of ageing gracefully. It's sad to think that ageing is viewed as a terrible thing. I'm in my mid 50's and loving it.

I blame society more than I blame them. They get paid to look good so it's logical they want to maintain the aspect that keep them employed. Just like I would want stay update with my skillset that keep me employed and get higher pay.

Secondly, I think aging gracefully is a lot more than looks. It take character, wisdom and mindset. Unfortunately I see so many elders forever trapped as 22 years old. They get all the trappings of youth and none of the upside. They're the one that makes aging looks bad.

• I blame society more than I blame them. They get paid to look good so it's logical they want to maintain the aspect that keep them employed. Just like I would want stay update with my skillset that keep me employed and get higher pay.

Secondly, I think aging gracefully is a lot more than looks. It take character, wisdom and mindset. Unfortunately I see so many elders forever trapped as 22 years old. They get all the trappings of youth and none of the upside. They're the one that makes aging looks bad.

Yes, but that wisdom and self awareness comes with ageing and I have those things having lived for over half a century and I have the life experience to prove it. You're right, society is to blame for ageism. We are taught that getting old is a bad thing and society is obsessed with youth but imo when you get to a certain age (well for me at least), you want to look like a mature woman, not going through a second youth. the thing is that a lot of these celebrities didn't look their age before the plastic surgery and some go too far with it that they look hideous. I don't know why people just can't be content with the wrinkles, grey hair and saggy skin. You can't hold back father time forever and your insides are going to age quicker than your exterior. I should know, I have been a parent for 20 years and have lived on this planet for quite a long time so have that age, maturity and wisdom that a young person could neve have.

• It's the irony of plastic surgery.

They're getting it to look younger, but before long most celebs actually look older than they are. And depending on how much they got done, they also end up with that uncanny Hollywood PS face that imo is bit like the face of a slightly melted wax figure.

• Yes, but that wisdom and self awareness comes with ageing and I have those things having lived for over half a century and I have the life experience to prove it. You're right, society is to blame for ageism. We are taught that getting old is a bad thing and society is obsessed with youth but imo when you get to a certain age (well for me at least), you want to look like a mature woman, not going through a second youth. the thing is that a lot of these celebrities didn't look their age before the plastic surgery and some go too far with it that they look hideous. I don't know why people just can't be content with the wrinkles, grey hair and saggy skin. You can't hold back father time forever and your insides are going to age quicker than your exterior. I should know, I have been a parent for 20 years and have lived on this planet for quite a long time so have that age, maturity and wisdom that a young person could neve have.

I think more than ages or years on earth, life experience is the catharsis for wisdom and awareness. I remember when I first started working, I overhear someone said, "do you have 10 years of experience or 1 years of experience 10 times?" And I think that applicable to life as well. A 21 years old who had been so unfortunate to have experience many things show more maturity and wisdom than some 60+ years old people who been pampered/spoiled all their life.

For many years, I volunteer at an organization that allow me to meet various people from different ages and get a real close glimpse to their life because they came for serious help. Many young people who been through A LOT of life experiences will show that wisdom and maturity you see in a 50+ years old. It's even more apparent if you see some young persons who have escaped their home country and been through hell to get where they are, the horror they've seen and the trials they've been through. On the other hand, I've also help out 60-70yo man and woman who came running to me like a young 18 years old child, who for some reasons, life has spoil them in some ways and now they are lost, confused, and even worst, entitled and set in their way.

What I'm trying to say is the adage that age give you wisdom and maturity is really a miss/hit. Some people experience in 5 years what another may experience in 50 years.

• I think more than ages or years on earth, life experience is the catharsis for wisdom and awareness. I remember when I first started working, I overhear someone said, "do you have 10 years of experience or 1 years of experience 10 times?" And I think that applicable to life as well. A 21 years old who had been so unfortunate to have experience many things show more maturity and wisdom than some 60+ years old people who been pampered/spoiled all their life.

For many years, I volunteer at an organization that allow me to meet various people from different ages and get a real close glimpse to their life because they came for serious help. Many young people who been through A LOT of life experiences will show that wisdom and maturity you see in a 50+ years old. It's even more apparent if you see some young persons who have escaped their home country and been through hell to get where they are, the horror they've seen and the trials they've been through. On the other hand, I've also help out 60-70yo man and woman who came running to me like a young 18 years old child, who for some reasons, life has spoil them in some ways and now they are lost, confused, and even worst, entitled and set in their way.

What I'm trying to say is the adage that age give you wisdom and maturity is really a miss/hit. Some people experience in 5 years what another may experience in 50 years.

Will you stop arguing the point? I know what I am talking about having lived for well over a century. Youngsters aren't going to have had 20 years of parenting experience or 28 years renting or 22 years in the same relationship. Most are still immature and finding their feet. They don't have a clue about life. I know more than most on here so would you please stop the argument? Ageing is a good thing and not something to be hung up or ashamed about. It takes a lot of living to get wise, it's not going to happen in one's 20's. Thank you!

• Will you stop arguing the point? I know what I am talking about having lived for well over a century. Youngsters aren't going to have had 20 years of parenting experience or 28 years renting or 22 years in the same relationship. Most are still immature and finding their feet. They don't have a clue about life. I know more than most on here so would you please stop the argument? Ageing is a good thing and not something to be hung up or ashamed about. It takes a lot of living to get wise, it's not going to happen in one's 20's. Thank you!

i wasn't arguing and i wasn't implying that i am right either, just offering different perspective in what i thought was a discussion. not sure how you see that as "arguing" to you. sound like you are used to "telling" people and anyone who disagree is seen as arguing. you don't seem to display a good grasp of emotional control despite living for so many "years".

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!