How to compare the success of each album through physical record index (revenue)

• This may sound repetitive, but really don't understand why others think it is a useless metric when Hanteo just added the index to show people the actual value comparison of each album without actually revealing the revenue made. Atleast this way, we can see the comprehensive picture of their album rankings with the consideration of album pricing.

To simplify, we can come to a conclusion that the list provided by Hanteo is the Top Selling Album (revenue) in Hanteo this year, regardless of how many copies each album have sold. And Hanteo has all the data from stores and websites, so they have the right tools & resources to come up with their data. So no, the metric is not useless.

And the list that I made is only an interpretation of the data provided by Hanteo to get the average value. Which is also not useless, cause we can see which albums have the highest value in corresponding to their index and copies sold.

I don’t get the ‘useless’ argument either.

• This may sound repetitive, but really don't understand why others think it is a useless metric when Hanteo just added the index to show people the actual value comparison of each album without actually revealing the revenue made. Atleast this way, we can see the comprehensive picture of their album rankings with the consideration of album pricing.

To simplify, we can come to a conclusion that the list provided by Hanteo is the Top Selling Album (revenue) in Hanteo this year, regardless of how many copies each album have sold. And Hanteo has all the data from stores and websites, so they have the right tools & resources to come up with their data. So no, the metric is not useless.

And the list that I made is only an interpretation of the data provided by Hanteo to get the average value. Which is also not useless, cause we can see which albums have the highest value in corresponding to their index and copies sold.

They are entitled to feel it is useless, but I'm not really sure how it is seeing as every company's bottom line is how much return they make on their "investment". Conversely, albums that don't make good money would be an issue and would not be considered successful by the shareholders. I think I could see calling it incomplete as we don't see all the expenses that go into this or the varied types of income that might contribute, but useless? Doesn't really make sense to me.

• They are entitled to feel it is useless, but I'm not really sure how it is seeing as every company's bottom line is how much return they make on their "investment". Conversely, albums that don't make good money would be an issue and would not be considered successful by the shareholders. I think I could see calling it incomplete as we don't see all the expenses that go into this or the varied types of income that might contribute, but useless? Doesn't really make sense to me.

Are you talking about the argument of the other user here? If yes, then that should be made for another thread. Now, I get why the other user suddenly talked about how the success of an album should be measured through the money made in an album and the expenses behind it- and it is probably because of the word 'success' on the title I wrote earlier 'How to compare the success of each album through revenue'.

Success as a word can be used in many things as it has different definitions for everyone depending on the context. In this case, I used 'success' in the title because the list is about Top Selling Albums and I'm measuring the success of an album through the physical index record (revenue).

This is why reading and understanding the whole context is important lol (this is not for you OP :S).

• The problem with some people is that once they read a word that triggered/bothered them they would only focused on that and make their own assumptions/conclusions that's totally different to the context which can result in lack of reading comprehension. That's why it's better to read the whole context and really analyze it before relaying their conclusions to someone.

It's very easy and I see it often in these "kpop spaces" where facts and figures are kept ambiguous to enable the spinning of information. Again, in my opinion, aside from personal preference, taste, etc, revenue is the best way to determine success.

The part about triggering words or whatnot is a very kpop response, and irrelevant. You can be sure that any of the companies that represent the groups on the list which are not BTS/Hybe would rather be in their position.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!