Do you think Ateez can be an “underdog” like BTS?

• They already sold a million, the only non big 4 group to do so. Their tours are huge too. Do you think they might sneak up and be the biggest in 4th gen?

Approved the thread.
  • No.

BTS music was what put them on top, nothing else.

And judging by MAJORITY of these 4th gen boy groups songs???

They only gonna get so far.

They gonna get big, yes.

Like Stray Kids getting big now, TXT & Enhypen rising up, Treasure getting acknowledged for their talents, and Ateez are gaining more international fans.

BUT music is what's gonna stop them from getting Huge. Big and Huge are two different things.

Especially since no one in 4th gen besides girl groups know how to make a song viral or make it a hit. Cuz everyone wanna be experimental or lore heavy in their songs😐.

• They should try and be relevant in SK first.

• Ateez can only sell physical albums but no digital streams even after Kingdom. The thing is, many acts are selling 1M per album now so it’s not as huge as it was before. Not to say it’s impossible but it’s going to be really hard.

• They already sold a million, the only non big 4 group to do so.

technically not true. IVE is not Big4 and has sold 1M (in fact 1.5M) while also having a massive song in Korea.

• I swear people just want to push this underdog story on every 4th gen bg lol

• Rather than the next bts, I think ateez is more apt to be the next monsta x.

I know people would argue that they sell 1M, more than monsta x sales, but compare to their 4th gen bg peers, selling 1M is not special anymore.

• In their earlier days they were my bet to go that route. Unfortunately there's almost no chance that they'll break through with a song unless their writing team changes. They also don't have a bland and non threatening visual. Both Ateez and Stray Kids are going to hit a popularity ceiling soon.

• No because their music is not as appealing as bts. In fact for non fans their music is not that good and an bit too loud.

Also visuals wise they are a bit too artificial looking or maybe the makeup is a bit much so they aren’t particularly visually appealing either.

• In their earlier days they were my bet to go that route. Unfortunately there's almost no chance that they'll break through with a song unless their writing team changes. They also don't have a bland and non threatening visual. Both Ateez and Stray Kids are going to hit a popularity ceiling soon.

They were the bets of everyone around me but I was sure they'd never be able to become the biggest 4th gen bg. Competition has gotten a lot stronger and even tho they were talented they weren't offering something that wasn't already there. If u don't offer something new then people would always prefer big company groups.

• I had hope for this group. But whatever happened to their music in 2019, we will never know…

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!