Do you think Bling Bling - Milkshake lyrics are suggestive

• By suggestive I mean relating to "getting freaky" not necessarily explicit

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

When they explain this song, they only talk about it showing their lovely and sweet sides

In my opinion. Only Juhyun's rap part (1:07-1:16) is suggestive. Exclaiming in amazement can be passed off as "corny k-pop lyrics", but talking about craving something every night is about kissing or more. All the members were of age when this song was released and among them Juhyun is the oldest.

She makes a heart at the line 1:15

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(to show the heart and also, for Your information, this is the best upload or performance of any form of this song, better than performance video or any stage, if you ever needed to know)

I also think in Ice Cream Cake, the only part that is suggestive is the first two lines of Irene's rap about ice cream melting in the mouth and putting in too much etc. That is the only part in the whole song that can't be explained as "Corny/cheesy k-pop lyrics".

Much like Cookie "Don't break it" (In my opinion, the only line of the entire song that cannot be explained by Ador's dessert->music metaphor)

• a lot of food based songs come off as "suggestive"

Yea...

I used to read this song as being about kissing/romance

But nowadays I think it's more "refreshing" or "cute" and only part that they meant to be suggestive is the specific part I mentioned.

If they just talk about ice cream/desserts or something it can be easily taken as "Typical girly k-pop lyrics" but it depends what they are saying specifically

• It's really not an uncommon motif in kpop for food songs to be sexual. Think Blackpink - Ice Cream, Newjeans - Cookie, etc. These kinds of songs can still be pretty cute ofc, but the innuendos are there nonetheless.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Much like Cookie "Don't break it" (In my opinion, the only line of the entire song that cannot be explained by Ador's dessert->music metaphor)

Actually this line matches the music/cd concept. If the album/cd is likened to a cookie that you're invited to consume as a sweet, then obviously you should not break it.

• Actually this line matches the music/cd concept. If the album/cd is likened to a cookie that you're invited to consume as a sweet, then obviously you should not break it.

Ik but why would anyone physically break a CD or album, since they are not fragile. I guess break can be similar to scratching it, but "Don't scratch it" doesn't make sense about a cookie. However "Don't break it" also doesn't make sense about a CD/music product.

It's really not an uncommon motif in kpop for food songs to be sexual. Think Blackpink - Ice Cream, Newjeans - Cookie, etc. These kinds of songs can still be pretty cute ofc, but the innuendos are there nonetheless.

Ice Cream is a special case though it's in English and 90% of it is sexual on purpose

But yeah a lot of them can be taken as cute and sometimes going to sexy territory (another example. Fiestar - Apple Pie)

• it's a more extreme case of it yes. Though the way I see it, I think writers use the food metaphors to get past potential censors. Perhaps Ice Cream was allowed to be bolder because of it's marketing towards international audiences, but the formula is still there nonetheless.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• it's a more extreme case of it yes. Though the way I see it, I think writers use the food metaphors to get past potential censors. Perhaps Ice Cream was allowed to be bolder because of it's marketing towards international audiences, but the formula is still there nonetheless.

Oh, I never thought of it like getting past censors, I thought people just liked to be cheeky or clever (For both English and K-pop songs)

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!