Hybe, Kakao, Cube as the new Big 3. Do you like it?

Approved the thread.
  • G-IDLE don't have the security that Big 3 groups have if they fail a CB.

The Big 3 rn would be SM, YG, HYBE. JYP is rapidly losing credibility and may fall to mid-tier if its not careful

• Lsrfm, Ive, NewJeans and Gidle are sitting on a row in Melon top 10. They are the ones making the most noise this year too. Do you like it if Hybe, Kakao and Cube become the new big 3?

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Dont even disrespect HYBE like that, by putting them in some "Big 3" name.

HYBE is bigger, has more money.....and in my opinion better than all those other companies😐.

• So the big 3 depends on who’s the top songs on the melon chart? Right

• Lol..why would you lump Kakao with those small fries..when they are bigger even if they all combine

• Lol fans don't get to decide who the Big 3's in Kpop are.

And the charts don't get to decide either. It goes beyond just who's charting at the top.

SM is a Big 3 because they are a huge entertainment company that not only produces idol groups, they have subsidiaries that include production company and produces tons of TV contents and have comedians and actors/actresses under their label. They have produced dramas and popular variety shows like Knowing Bros and Amazing Saturday, and also had a hand in producing Street Woman Fighter (and Street Man Fighter).

• The big 3 is SM, YG and JYPE no matter how much people want to disagree. There is history behind them that new companies like Hybe can never buy no matter how much money they have. They might be the biggest company but they will never be part of the Big 3.

• The big 3 is SM, YG and JYPE no matter how much people want to disagree. There is history behind them that new companies like Hybe can never buy no matter how much money they have. They might be the biggest company but they will never be part of the Big 3.

Lol, Dsp once being a part of big 2/3 too. Once one of this company lost the relevancy among the public, they might lost that title too. Bts alone is the biggest history kpop ever had and they're under hybe lol. I assure you nobody really want hybe to be part of big 3 even fans of their groups but you're naive to think that those title is permanent and these companies cannot be dethroned. What make big 3 the big 3 is not just about history but also about revenues and relevancy. They used to produce groups that always well known and accepted by the public, by the time they lost this relevancy and other company take over then goodbye to that title, I guess.

• Kakao market cap is about 4x that of hybe.

Point still stands.

HYBE is bigger and has successful groups and worth trillions of won.

Plus Kakao isn't A "idol company", the only idol thing Kakoa has is Starship. And currently the only popping group they have is IVE😐.

HYBE is more of a idol company who directly produce groups and etc.

So Kakao shouldn't even be apart of this discussion.

HYBE still bigger than BIG 3. I said what I said lol.

• I dont really disagree about what you are saying, just that i doubt Hybe as a company have more money than kakao which is often ranked in the top 10 companies of korea.

• Tell me you weren't into kpop before 2021 without telling me you weren't into kpop before 2021

• The only way this will happen is if Hybe buys YG like some are theorizing or if Kakao buys SM like news articles have been speculating for months and merge Starship with SM to create a new super K-entertainment agency.

• because it doesn't exist??

Where do you think ss get all the money to manipulate the produce ranking when they have no successful acts? It's Kakao's money obviously. They know they don't have company stans so they paid for wy first place in produce so she will have huge fanbase just like Somi and Daniel for their next gg. They can't push their other groups as much as they push Ive because it will be too obvious. Now they have wy and yujin, no one will suspect anything even if they do something. That's a huge privileged too.

• there is no privilege, kakao isn't a kpop company, none of the artists under the big kakao has any security, if something, they had more flops than top groups

Wut? MonstaX, StayC, Apink, Boyz, and Ive are not flops, they're all successful groups who have either topped charts or remained viable for many years. The only true flop is Victon. Even Weeekly is doing fine for a two year old group.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!