Can Stray Kids get all daesangs next year now that BTS is on hiatus?

• Will they sweep all? Or will another 4th gen group also get some daesangs?

Approved the thread.
  • They have a chance with album.

• Just album if svt doesn’t comeback. They don’t have enough digitals to secure artiste of the year

• album of the year possible but they have to get a proper hit like bts first to bag all the other daesangs. Which I doubt will happen any time soon lmao.

• Maybe album. Not a chance they're getting SOTY

• At MAMA SKZ could win 2 daesangs: Album of the year and Worldwide Icon. Right now I'd say they are the favorite for both. Most likely they will have the highest selling album and considering they were neck and neck with BTS in the global fans choice vote this year, it seems likely they will be able to win that next year.

MAMA artist of the year is possible but I believe the big 3 new GG's (IVE,LSFM,NJ) will grow their sales and Spotify charting massively next year so winning on a huge physical sales gap alone will become impossible.

MMA is so heavily based on Melon charting that I'm not sure if they can win anything there. Record of the Year is 100% judge award but without charting well on Melon I doubt they could receive it.

For the smaller shows there should be some Album of the Year awards that give high scores for physical sales and even some that are 100% based on physical sales.

If I had to bet and place all my money on 1 group to sweep it's NewJeans, they're setting themselves up for the 2022 IVE pattern by releasing in December and thus being able to fit 3 releases into the tracking period. Their sales and charting (K+intl) will probably be insane in this tracking period and the chances of them releasing a viral hit is quite high considering how strong their debut album was.

• Maybe for physical album daesang. Tho they have to fight it out with seventeen, nct and maybe txt or bp. For digital related daesang I doubt it lmaoooo. They haven't even entered melon 100 in almost 5 years of their career, let alone having proper "hit" song. With how explosive gg sales this year, I wouldn't even be surprised if maybe a gg will get album daesang next year.

• If they release a hit next year and have a gap with other artists on album sales and digital sales, then yes. They already got the Fandom support especially with them going toe to toe with Armys for WWI of the Year.

• Lmao if your only chance for you to win anything is when the main competition is "gone" or "out of the way", then that should say something💀...are you really that good or is it just because people had to pick between the lesser............

Also I think people are putting Stray Kids on a pedal stool they just not even near yet..if ever.

To even compare them to BTS as if they on the same level talking about "A sweep" is just delusional on your part.

Yes they've gained some new international fans this year, but fans mass buying albums just to try to match or break BTS album sales don't mean anything.

Just like U.S. fans bulk buying album units to get Stray Kids to #1 on the Billboard 200, cuz we know the music ain't that good and isn't "sooo amazing" frfr...........so all those recent "achievements" don't impress me, AT ALL😐..not hating, but being real.

• The delusion is strong among SKZ fans. SKZ will never get a daesang sweep. They will be lucky to get a daesang at all with the kind of music they release. GP will never get on board with such bad music.

• SOTY you need high digitals in Korea.

so no

y'all underestimate how hard it is to get a sweep.

• If not bts then BP deserve it, skz are carried by mass buying they've no actual hit.

• bts didnt have to wait for exo to stop showing up

• I think Worldwide Icon award will stay with a BTS individual member. Anyone of the maknae line has a big chance of capturing the award. Also, never underestimate Suga's power.

Worldwide Icon award was created for BTS years ago. I think that for as long as BTS is active, as a group or solos, it will go to them. ARMY will not let anyone get hold of that award.

RM dropped his album this month which is doing well both in physicals and streaming. He has plenty of time between now and the end of the 2024 to accumulate sales and streams. I'm quite sure he will be get a nom for Album of the Year.

If any of the maknae line drops a album, that will also be a contender for sales and streams. In other words, BTS will always be Kpop groups' nightmare.

Better to aim for 2025. Unless of course, BTS drops a previously completed Album, during their military enlistment, which can very well happen. Remember, BTS do not have to actually promote in person. If Hybe drops a lot of BTS contents during this time to compensate for no in-person promotions, sorry folks - but it's game over.

• I don't know if this is a setup or genuine question, but it's borderline impossible for any act to sweep these award shows. Also SKZ has terrible digitals in Korea, so....

• bts didnt have to wait for exo to stop showing up

Again, the BTS comparisons with Stray Kids😐....

BTS released actual HITS and not only their Title tracks was making noise, but their B-sides as well. That's the difference.

Stray Kids are gaining a lot of success stans who are hopping on to them because they on the rise and because BTS are gonna be gone as a group for 2 years (which isnt that long btw and they'll be back quicker than everyone think lmao). So they getting a bunch of bulk buying album sales and followers on social media. But like I said that don't impress me when the music isn't good. Not only that, but they not even doing good charting and relevancy wise in their OWN country.

Even BTS was popping in Korea first, before the international fame.

Musically, Stray Kids are nowhere near where the Top 3rd gen boy groups was at.

They need to switch their sound if they wanna make noise frfr.

And if BTS was releasing group music next year, no 4th gen boy group or "Stray Kids" would get anything at all💀.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!