Why is it that whenever group gets a hit praise goes to the members but whenever flops blame goes to company?

• Because the members realistically are just doing what they are told. It's rare for groups to have much in the way of creative control with small exceptions such as (G)IDLE. The only thing members can do is practice and put on a good performance. However a terrible performance can also be on the company. Maybe training was a joke. They didn't have enough practice. Maybe management are dicks or abusive and the members are stressed out. All of these things can create a terrible performance. There is a much better chance that it's the companies fault and not the members.

Yes, Cheshire is a good song. I think people are still recovering from a year of ITZY having terribly releases and everone still longs for more songs like Wannabe, Dalla Dalla, Icy... It's also good to see ITZY streatch themselves though and I think thats going to take time for fans to get used to.

• I feel like you simplified this. Fans blame the company, non-fans blame the group mostly. It is the nature of a human who adors or hates one or another.

Although this time around I can see why fans are pointing fingers because I feel like Itzy has such a phenomenal charisma and performing skills it's actually mind blowing, but they had so many bad releases (as in bad songs) that you can't stick with them only for being more than great on stage. And because music is on the company all you have to blame is the company.

While I don't think Itzy is a vocally gifted group, they can do way better than what they got in the last year. I understand the trendyness of spoken lyrics but for heavens sake, some melody and vocal is needed at least. Even with limited vocal campabilites one can do a lot. And again, with the image I felt like we were hopping between mature women and teenege wannabees. I felt disconnected.

* * * * * * •×• * * * * * *

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!