do you see blackpink all renewing

• idk I don't stan but my gut tells me they will despite everyone saying the opposite, they just benefit from the blackpink brand a lot and probably some of their contracts are through yg

Moved the thread to the trash.

Approved the thread.
  • They will stick together. They will renew. They have activities till July next year confirmed (Hyde park) and contract renewals happen way before the contract actually ends

• Yes, they will likely just continue what they did these past years with solo releases than like every 2 years a group cb and maybe a tour

• Don't get me wrong, BP girls are nice.

But in order to make all this nastiness to stop and blinks to stfu, I hope BP won't renew.

• I'll support them either way

• Yes, they will likely just continue what they did these past years with solo releases than like every 2 years a group cb and maybe a tour

They are on tour right now till June. CB wont be 2 years away like this time. 2023 April repack is rumored.

• No, i don’t think Rose likes being in a group. Lisa should go solo too

• Who doesn't want to have an idol life like Bp tho. They're not working as hard as the other top groups right now with consistent cb and promotion but still need to doing all the photoshoot here and there yet Bp still the biggest gg right now. That's a dream life as an idol..

• Yeah why not? Successful solos and acting career along with being in the most successful gg right now. Who wouldn't? If they want to kill their careers like Minzy and CL they wouldn't.

• They are paid to do nothing. It's a fantastic offer.

• They already renewed

If they renewed early it would be news. YG would be celebrating, more importantly so would the shareholders. If it hasn't been announced it hasn't happened. Plus Blackpink probably have more to consider than the average idol, they have no reason to rush.

I'm interested to see what they will do. At least three members have shown signs that they are uncomfortable with some aspects of their career, and something you choose in your mid teens may not be what you want in your mid twenties. Jisoo seems to prefer acting, Rose and Jennie both have had visible issues with anxiety and/or distress in the past few years. Lisa is the only one who is hard to read, but given what she has said about her values and moral code, I wouldn't expect her to be ok with what has gone on at YG.

On the other hand, if they enjoy the fame and the perks of where they are now, which is not a bad thing, they would be risking a lot to leave. So far no-one has left YG and become more famous. Also I really think YG is petty enough to not allow any of them to join a different company and remain as a Blackpink member.

• They are paid to do nothing. It's a fantastic offer.

yes they are paid for their hard work like doing touring, making musics, cf, acting etc.

• They all will renew obviously or already has renewed the contract I guess idk why YG is still keeping it a secret. But I don't really think it will be the typical 7 year one but shorter than that?

• They all will renew obviously or already has renewed the contract I guess idk why YG is still keeping it a secret. But I don't really think it will be the typical 7 year one but shorter than that?

Like every other kpop group after 7 years?

• Who doesn't want to have an idol life like Bp tho. They're not working as hard as the other top groups right now with consistent cb and promotion but still need to doing all the photoshoot here and there yet Bp still the biggest gg right now. That's a dream life as an idol..

they work as hard as any other idol their trainee years alone were hard. Do you think going on tour is easy? doing 2 concerts every stop.

you mean they don't overwork in terms of overpromoting ? but they have other responsibilities as they are global ambassadors and some members are pursuing solo activities

• Like every other kpop group after 7 years?

Every other kpop group? Don't some kpop groups have the original 7 year contract agin when the first one expires? But majority do have smaller contract tho I agree.

• Every other kpop group? Don't some kpop groups have the original 7 year contract agin when the first one expires? But majority do have smaller contract tho I agree.

3 years. BTS is the only one that pushed for another 7 years

• if yg doesn`t pull a 2ne1 on them, and they keep on doing hits, they will renew

they are gaining a lot of money with yg.... A LOT.

and yg will try to keep them, they are their Main group right now

• Every other kpop group? Don't some kpop groups have the original 7 year contract agin when the first one expires? But majority do have smaller contract tho I agree.

There is only one group to ever do a 7 year renewal, other groups renew for 3 years or 5 at most

• 3 years. BTS is the only one that pushed for another 7 years

Oh alright! Wow that's really surprising to know that only one group managed to do the 7 year contract all over again in kpop. But have a doubt tho is super junior not counted? They debuted before bts and still remain a group? And EXO too..

Contract renewal is typically five years. Some groups even negotiate down to three years. Bigbang were so crucial to YG that they had the power to bring it down to 12 months. If any successful idol group signed up for another 7 years I'd wonder how much dirt their company had on them.

• Oh alright! Wow that's really surprising to know that only one group managed to do the 7 year contract all over again in kpop. But have a doubt tho is super junior not counted? They debuted before bts and still remain a group? And EXO too..

I didn't see page 2 before I wrote my comment, but a 7 year contract renewal is not an achievement! It's definitely something Big Hit would want and be thrilled about, but it makes me wonder about how BTS were being advised. I just looked it up and they weren't even given 2% shares in Big Hit between them. Maybe they were focused on profit splits. I hope the terms were very favorable to them somewhere...

• They will renew but will no longer be an active GG.

• They will renew, its obvious. Their fans can finally stop saying they have problems with their treatment.

• Contract renewal is typically five years. Some groups even negotiate down to three years. Bigbang were so crucial to YG that they had the power to bring it down to 12 months. If any successful idol group signed up for another 7 years I'd wonder how much dirt their company had on them.

Maybe they want to keep the pace going on? Why cut it short like most kpop groups do...

• They will renew, its obvious. Their fans can finally stop saying they have problems with their treatment.

You do know that a contract renewal means another contract with different demands from the artist? do you?

• Oh alright! Wow that's really surprising to know that only one group managed to do the 7 year contract all over again in kpop. But have a doubt tho is super junior not counted? They debuted before bts and still remain a group? And EXO too..

SM does renewals on a 3 year basis like most companies. Suju has its only label and EXO just started their 2nd contract, so we'll see

• tbh if they wanna stay relevant, they should all renew but i’m 99% sure all the pinks already renewed or will renew.

• They will 100% renew. YG is the best company for them and no other company has the budget to promote them or put up with their annoying fans

• They all renewed. Hyde park is a great hint

• if they had renewed yg would've said so. right now we still dont know what happen with the ikon members negotiations

• they will ofc renew it, if they didn't renew it already. they barely do anything and earn huge amounts of money. other girl groups wish they could relate

• The only reason one of them wouldnt is if they truly cared about the music and have the freedom to actually, you know, be music artists and release songs like a normal artist. But like said already, they do half the work, get paid loads and are still a top 2 popular group. Sounds like an easy decison to me. They all practically move as solo acts anyway, and then come together every few years for a group comeback.

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!