Kpop took a turn for the worse when idols started writing their own music

• Can't lie, Brave Sound definitely produced better title tracks than those that are released today. That's just my opinion though. However, the songs that they produced in the past don't fit the trend where everything has to be loud and aggressive. That's probably why I've always preferred Korean producers such as Brave Brothers, Duble Sidekick, BEP, etc.

• I think idols should definitely write their own music at least a little but even the best idol songwriters and producers have pro help

As far as kpop took a turn for the worst when idols started writing their own music?

Maybe for you but I actually make a lot of money from it so I'm good

• Lee Jieun only writes music occasionally and lets others to compose the music for her hits. None of her major hits (Through the Night, BBiBBi, Blooming, etc) are compoed by her. (Eight was mostly composed by Jang Yijung/El Capitxn, with Suga writing the rap) She mostly writes lyrics only

Blueming not Blooming :mad:

Friday was a huge hit fully composed by IU...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't think so. I've been asking for it to be a more common part of the music for years. The genre won't be able to gain any artistic growth or respect if the artists can't participate in the creative process.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!