Nude is already falling behind Antifragile. Are you surprised?

• To go back on topic, who cares Nxde is falling behind Antifragile. When someone brings this kind of things up, it's usually to make a statement about quality, like "ah! I knew it was the better song all along!". My opinion is it doesn't mean jackshit, for the reasons I stated in my first post.

No one does that. Like I already said, it’s the other way around. People apply their subjective opinion like they think a song is messy to explain why that song is falling on charts. It’s you who think they use charting performance to determine songs’ “quality”. You’re the one who said right above that people do that to bring an appearance of “objectivity” when in reality this whole conversation was entirely subjective in the first place and no one was even trying to appear objective. You spectacularly failed to follow this discussion from the start and ranted an irrelevant essay trying to lecture people for using charts to appear objective in stating their personal opinion, which is untrue and also nonsense because by definition personal opinion is subjective

• You spectacularly failed to follow this discussion from the start and ranted an irrelevant essay trying to lecture people for using charts to appear objective in stating their personal opinion, which is untrue and also nonsense because by definition personal opinion is subjective

Oh, because you never met anyone who tried to make their opinion pass for some kind of objective statement? You never met anybody like this, neither here nor IRL? Why do you think users spend their days talking about charts, charts, and charts especially when it's about their faves? Why the need to point out that Nxde is falling behind Antifragile? What is the motive? What is the direction the discussion is supposed to go with such a premise? What kind of conclusion people are supposed to draw?

Don't be so naive.

• If you mean that Nxde is bolder, more daring, more enveloppe pushing, then yes indeed. Which also it can be more polarizing. So what? Are the best movies those with the biggest box office? Why is it that only in music, and especially kpop, quality is measured only based on sales, streams, views, charts. It doesn't make sense.

Whether people want to admit it or not, Nxde has more significance than Antifragile. Nuxe is an author's song whereas Antifragile is a producer's song. Antifragile doesn't say anything about anything really, like 99% of the kpop production. Which is not a problem in itself. But that should be acknowledged as such, and singer-songwriters in their own right should get a little more respect, especially when they succeed at combining mass popularity and honest artistry.

go listen to ted talks then, nerd

• Non Koreans fighting about which song is more popular in Korea lmaoo

• If you mean that Nxde is bolder, more daring, more enveloppe pushing, then yes indeed. Which also it can be more polarizing. So what? Are the best movies those with the biggest box office? Why is it that only in music, and especially kpop, quality is measured only based on sales, streams, views, charts. It doesn't make sense.

Whether people want to admit it or not, Nxde has more significance than Antifragile. Nuxe is an author's song whereas Antifragile is a producer's song. Antifragile doesn't say anything about anything really, like 99% of the kpop production. Which is not a problem in itself. But that should be acknowledged as such, and singer-songwriters in their own right should get a little more respect, especially when they succeed at combining mass popularity and honest artistry.

You sound delusional. Nude is generic pretentious and bad. It’s not feminist or even thought provoking. It’s attempts at being shocking is outdated and pitiful because it never actually crosses the line. Britney Spears was more provoking. Nude is so pretentiously anarchist (while being PG) that they even spell it Nxde 🤣.

• Oh, because you never met anyone who tried to make their opinion pass for some kind of objective statement? You never met anybody like this, neither here nor IRL? Why do you think users spend their days talking about charts, charts, and charts especially when it's about their faves? Why the need to point out that Nxde is falling behind Antifragile? What is the motive? What is the direction the discussion is supposed to go with such a premise? What kind of conclusion people are supposed to draw?

Don't be so naive.

Oh so you’re just salty Nxde is the topic of discussion in a thread, in a free forum where anything can be discussed, and it’s not favorable for Gidle? Cry more then :mooning:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

lol no one cares about this except for gidle/soyeon fans. you mean nxde has more significance to gidle fans? well of course! gidle fans do really overvalue soyeon’s “artistry”.

typical gidle/soyeon fans “gidle’s not like other kpop group, they are real artists” false claim. gidle is still just a kpop group lol.

• Non Koreans fighting about which song is more popular in Korea lmaoo

I don't get these types of comments cause aren't people discussing the charts? which are available to see for everyone?

reminds of the people who always go, oh this song is only #20 on the charts but my Korean cousin's hairstylist says it's the trend among kindergarten kids, so it's really way more popular than the song at #1

• (G)I-DLE has the smallest international fandom among the big 4th gen ggs (IVE, LSF, NewJeans, ITZY, etc). Unfortunately they lost a lot of their international popularity when SJ was removed.

Tomboy is their biggest internationally hit and thats after SJ left.

As for Nxde, the song is pretty bad and Soyeon's voice is annoying, it did way better than i expected so thats that.

• You sound delusional. Nude is generic pretentious and bad. It’s not feminist or even thought provoking. It’s attempts at being shocking is outdated and pitiful because it never actually crosses the line. Britney Spears was more provoking. Nude is so pretentiously anarchist (while being PG) that they even spell it Nxde 🤣.

Idle is a kpop group, Britney Spears is not. This comparison makes no sense. Idle operates within the cultural frame and constraints of kpop and Korean society. So if a comparison must be made, it should be with other kpop groups. And in that department they indeed try to push the boundaries.

"pretentiously anarchist" lmao what are you talking about? it seems you have no idea yourself

Oh so you’re just salty Nxde is the topic of discussion in a thread, in a free forum where anything can be discussed, and it’s not favorable for Gidle? Cry more then

I'm not salty, I only questioned your intent and brought my own perspective to the conversation which I'm allowed to since it's a free forum, right?

Why do you post in anons btw?

• If you don’t understand any words then just look them up. Let me simplify things for you. GIdle isn’t pushing any boundaries. They are just trying to be “ controversial” without doing anything or saying anything

“ controversial”. It’s not even about the SK society or constraints because there are plenty of other SK artists that actually push boundaries and don’t just pretend so that gullible fans fall for their “ artistry”.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!