Nude is already falling behind Antifragile. Are you surprised?

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Nude got the most PAKs for a gg song but it’s ready falling behind Antifragile in Korean charts. Internationally Antifragile performed much better on charts and social media. Which song is the bigger song overall?

Approved the thread.
  • Nude is a good song for when it first comes out, but in terms of longevity, nobody really gonna sit there and play "nxde" all the freaking time.

Nxde is the bigger hit from jump, but I see antifragile lasting for a good while in

Top 5-10.

• Nope, last truely good song (G)IDLE had was Hwaa.

• Nude got the most PAKs for a gg song

No it didn't. It didn't get as many as Tomboy.

Nxde's entire cycle was heavily interrupted. They didn't continue promo like LSF, they had multiple opportunities for public outreach, including their big one Busan - completely cancelled, and the song isn't as staying as Tomboy naturally, it's a song that probably leans a bit heavier into the MV, which is a weakness for streaming longevity (it did crazy numbers on Youtube South Korea, far far better then Antifragile)

Antifragile's had far less listeners and streams overall, but it's stayed around that level much longer, the same core set of demos are listening to it, and they kept promoting far longer.

It's 2 very different situations and 2 very different results. I don't think either group will be unhappy with what occurred.

• No I'm not, nude was bound to chart good thanks to the success of tomboy. But such songs don't have longevity.

• Where's 17? I thought Hot already out stream ytc

• Nude charted better initially due to success of tomboy.

Good concept but the song itself as a listening experience is mediocre.

Antifragile is much better and catchier. It's longevity is a testament to that.

• (G)I-DLE has the smallest international fandom among the big 4th gen ggs (IVE, LSF, NewJeans, ITZY, etc). Unfortunately they lost a lot of their international popularity when SJ was removed.

• Not surprised. Nude for me was Idle's worst song to date.

• Like someone said on this forum, KPop has a halo effect. One genuine hit (Tomboy, Next Level, Rollin', Love Dive) assures a follow up hit, whatever the quality of the song. It's the second comeback after the huge hit that shows the actual popularity level.

Nude is fun and camp, but also messy and annoying and badly produced. Antifragile is a much slicker song and not polarizing/embarrassing.

• Nude is fun and camp, but also messy and annoying and badly produced. Antifragile is a much slicker song and not polarizing/embarrassing.

If you mean that Nxde is bolder, more daring, more enveloppe pushing, then yes indeed. Which also it can be more polarizing. So what? Are the best movies those with the biggest box office? Why is it that only in music, and especially kpop, quality is measured only based on sales, streams, views, charts. It doesn't make sense.

Whether people want to admit it or not, Nxde has more significance than Antifragile. Nuxe is an author's song whereas Antifragile is a producer's song. Antifragile doesn't say anything about anything really, like 99% of the kpop production. Which is not a problem in itself. But that should be acknowledged as such, and singer-songwriters in their own right should get a little more respect, especially when they succeed at combining mass popularity and honest artistry.

• If you mean that Nxde is bolder, more daring, more enveloppe pushing, then yes indeed. Which also it can be more polarizing. So what? Are the best movies those with the biggest box office? Why is it that only in music, and especially kpop, quality is measured only based on sales, streams, views, charts. It doesn't make sense.

Whether people want to admit it or not, Nxde has more significance than Antifragile. Nuxe is an author's song whereas Antifragile is a producer's song. Antifragile doesn't say anything about anything really, like 99% of the kpop production. Which is not a problem in itself. But that should be acknowledged as such, and singer-songwriters in their own right should get a little more respect, especially when they succeed at combining mass popularity and honest artistry.

That user didn’t say Nxde is a bad song because it fell behind on charts though, they were saying it fell behind on charts because it’s a messy song. So the lecture you gave them seems irrelevant?

• That user didn’t say Nxde is a bad song because it fell behind on charts though, they were saying it fell behind on charts because it’s a messy song. So the lecture you gave them seems irrelevant?

Messy is used by people to say "I don't like the song" with an appearance of objectivity. For they sure they don't think it's good if they say it's messy.

• Messy is used by people to say "I don't like the song" with an appearance of objectivity. For they sure they don't think it's good if they say it's messy.

Do you listen to yourself… “I don’t like the song” is the utter epitome of subjectivity, just like “I like the song”. When it comes to music preferences and personal taste it’s all subjective opinion so why are you talking about objectivity here? When people say this song it’s bad or messy obviously they’re saying it’s according to their subjective opinion. Only you seem to think your judgements on a song are always objectively true and what everyone has to accept as facts. Really weird

• Do you listen to yourself… “I don’t like the song” is the utter epitome of subjectivity, just like “I like the song”. When it comes to music preferences and personal taste it’s all subjective opinion so why are you talking about objectivity here? When people say this song it’s bad or messy obviously they’re saying it’s according to their subjective opinion. Only you seem to think your judgements on a song are always objectively true and what everyone has to accept as facts. Really weird

What the f are you talking about? :pepewhat:

You commented that user X never said Nxde was a bad song, only that it was messy. I said it's one and the same. And now you lecture me on subjectivity or something? As if I made a statement about my own taste or whatever? It makes zero sense.

To go back on topic, who cares Nxde is falling behind Antifragile. When someone brings this kind of things up, it's usually to make a statement about quality, like "ah! I knew it was the better song all along!". My opinion is it doesn't mean jackshit, for the reasons I stated in my first post.

• its losing to hype boy to, well hype boy overtook anti and nxde so

nxde is also not that far off from falling to after like. next week week monday we could see it

• All the old stuff (legendary) > Hwaa >> Tomboy >>>>>>>>>>>>> Nxde

From my point of view one of my all time favorite groups is in a song quality landslide right now. The majority seems to be eating it up though since they are selling and charting better than ever before so I guess my taste is just wrong and I'm an idiot.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!