Predict who's gonna be SK's next token gg?

Approved the thread.
  • It's not token stans if the music is good. Why bother all the talents if they gave flop songs. And all the groups you mentioned above all talented, why need inserted Nmixx and give shady comment like that?

• StayC. People underrate their ability and discography. ASAP and Stereotype were also really popular but no one really talks about that.

• StayC. People underrate their ability and discography. ASAP and Stereotype were also really popular but no one really talks about that.

StayC don't have IT fctor to blow up, sorry to say.

New yg gg if they debut

This is very likely. Hopefully, Blinks won't give them a hard time

It's not token stans if the music is good. Why bother all the talents if they gave flop songs. And all the groups you mentioned above all talented, why need inserted Nmixx and give shady comment like that?

Because it's obvious which group is more talented than the others. Nmixx already have the core factor, they just need good songs for them to blow up. Other groups can be the trend and have all the hype now but what will happen if the public move on to newer fresher groups? Talents will be the thing to keep their longevity like Red Velvet, otherwise they'll be like Twice.

• Baby Monsters or whatever their name will be

• Definitely yg's new girl group

Then in the next 2-3 years we will know who's the top gg and not just token one

• if they keep the kangya bs and sm type of songs, nah.

idk i feel like big things are being planned for them now that ive, g idle, nj and lsf took the spotlight out of them

besides sm groups always bounce back after a flop era

that being said i still think ive will keep kicking ass in 2023, but baemon might take the spotlight out i

of other groups, theyre gonna be big now that blinks realized bp wasnt able to compete against 4th gen ggs in korea

• Sounds like there's a ton of wishful thinking in this thread. I hope that for the sake of all the posters here who need their faves to be successful to feel good about themselves, that your wishes come true lmao

• Sounds like there's a ton of wishful thinking in this thread. I hope that for the sake of all the posters here who need their faves to be successful to feel good about themselves, that your wishes come true lmao

i'll still be here for them if they flop as long as they keep giving me bops like illusion aka by far and no doubt one of the best releases this year

• It will still be NewJeans. They have a big chance of becoming the nation's gg.

• lol no one. The 4.5 gen has already been established, just like the 3.5 gen stalwarts Blackpink and Twice took over and never relinquished control.

The 4th generation will end with these groups on top: Ive, LSRFM, Newjeans, Aespa, Idle, Itzy, StayC, NMIXX and Kepler.

• Because it's obvious which group is more talented than the others. Nmixx already have the core factor, they just need good songs for them to blow up. Other groups can be the trend and have all the hype now but what will happen if the public move on to newer fresher groups? Talents will be the thing to keep their longevity like Red Velvet, otherwise they'll be like Twice.

This is quite a bias statement. All of them are coming from the big company if you forget, so unless the company fuck them up, all of them will have the longevity tho. Most popular new girl groups right now all have that most important 'core factor' in this very competitive industry which is a big company to back them up. That's what make them different from group like StayC. They have company stans by their side that will buy anything even if the group releasing a very bad music.

Talking about who is more talented than who, I don't remember Twice or Bp being the talk of the town for being the most talented. But both group have better peak than rv and also longevity just like Rv. You acts like Rv was debuted 10 years earlier than both group when it just one and two years difference.

In the end, who care about talents outside of the fandom? Bts and Bp being the most popular groups in the world not because they're more talented, but because they have good songs that a lot of people love. It's their songs that attract GP and non fans, and it's their songs also that able to turn the casual listeners into a stan. You know well how being very talented not really that matters in the music industry. Many people out there are more talented than Taylor Swift but not many able to released a good songs that adore by many like her. Gp can move to other groups so it's important to turn as many of them to a fans while they're still seated.

• I wonder what your definition of "ending on top" is

Like basically being known as the top groups of their generation when the 5th gen takes over in 2025 or so. When historians look back on the 4th gen of Kpop, they wont be talking about any of the groups debuting in 2023 or afterwards. They'll be talking about the 9 groups i just listed.

• It's ironic isn't

Almost like self-fulfillment. People talk about and act like YG's new group will do well, then that just reinforces the mentality to check them out and listen and that leads to them doing well.

A group almost guaranteed to succeed, not on any talent, not on any music, not on any performance - but just because people expect them to. Remarkable, from a sociological perspective.

• They are already losing their hype after boring performances.

allkpop is not the world, hype boy is repeaking in SK and getting viral each day.

• Right now my money is on New Jeans, IVE, and YGNGG

I also wouldn’t count LSF out just yet. Their popularity is on the rise.

Groups in danger (aka need a big song/viral moment or they are going to suffer): Aespa, NMIXX, EVERGLOW, StayC, Kep1er.

• allkpop is not the world, hype boy is repeaking in SK and getting viral each day.

They'll lose the hype after two comebacks they remind me of twice, their innocent image is their brand. And they get bored of it once such groups starts appearing too much on screen or have a minor scandal.

• They'll lose the hype after two comebacks they remind me of twice, their innocent image is their brand. And they get bored of it once such groups starts appearing too much on screen or have a minor scandal.

This is what I think too. The girls are also too young and inexperienced to do other concepts so their age would be their weakness.

• It's ironic isn't

Almost like self-fulfillment. People talk about and act like YG's new group will do well, then that just reinforces the mentality to check them out and listen and that leads to them doing well.

A group almost guaranteed to succeed, not on any talent, not on any music, not on any performance - but just because people expect them to. Remarkable, from a sociological perspective.

It's because SK still stan Teddy's music hard no matter what everyone says. If their music is produced by Teddy again, it would be an instant hit

• This is what I think too. The girls are also too young and inexperienced to do other concepts so their age would be their weakness.

True let's see how min heenin evolves their concepts. If it's done like RV'S early era then everything will be alright.

• It's because SK still stan Teddy's music hard no matter what everyone says. If their music is produced by Teddy again, it would be an instant hit

Nooo with this logic, if Teddy makes music for Treasure, do you really think it would be an instant hit? I highly doubt it. Let’s face it BP is an exception. Btw aside from Dumb Dumb, were Somi’s other songs produced by Teddy even instant hits? 🤔 Lol Teddy do make some bops but you guys overrate him a lot!

• It's because SK still stan Teddy's music hard no matter what everyone says. If their music is produced by Teddy again, it would be an instant hit

delusion, Teddy hasn't consistently made SK hits for a while

• Nooo with this logic, if Teddy makes music for Treasure, do you really think it would be an instant hit? I highly doubt it. Let’s face it BP is an exception. Btw aside from Dumb Dumb, were Somi’s other songs produced by Teddy even instant hits? 🤔 Lol Teddy do make some bops but you guys overrate him a lot!

Treasure aren't a 4th gen GG

delusion, Teddy hasn't consistently made SK hits for a while

Pink Venom and Shut Down are decent hits. Somi songs can be considered hits too. If YG debut their new GG like how they did with BP's debut (high-budget and Teddy's music), they will surely be a hit. SK public are fond of 4th gen GGs now and all the YG stans will jump right away on the hype train because it's been a long time since BP for YG groups to make any noise (like how SM stans hyped up Aespa)

• Treasure aren't a 4th gen GG

Pink Venom and Shut Down are decent hits. Somi songs can be considered hits too. If YG debut their new GG like how they did with BP's debut (high-budget and Teddy's music), they will surely be a hit. SK public are fond of 4th gen GGs now and all the YG stans will jump right away on the hype train because it's been a long time since BP for YG groups to make any noise (like how SM stans hyped up Aespa)

can't take you seriously. bp yes but how are somi's songs considered hits? you need to do more research if you think they are hits. you're justing setting up somi atp...

• Went to korea last october and heard a lot of songs from bp, idle, ive, newjeans and lsrf in a multiple of locations and time of dag. I will return in May 2023. I will see if I hear different artists.

• can't take you seriously. bp yes but how are somi's songs considered hits? you need to do more research if you think they are hits. you're justing setting up somi atp...

Somi's songs are hits for solo artists, not blockbuster hits but still impactful enough for her to bag many luxurious brand deals and CFs. She has many gigs too and recent one was MAMA's MC.

• 2021 was Aespa's year

2022 was IVE and New Jeans' year

2023 is ???

Hopefully it's someone talented like Nmixx

i remember itzy was everyone's fave especially on twitter until aespa came. Now, i can see a lot of stan twitter stanning lesserafim.

• They are already losing their hype after boring performances.

a 4-month old group losing hype? hahaha you're funny

• Nooo with this logic, if Teddy makes music for Treasure, do you really think it would be an instant hit? I highly doubt it. Let’s face it BP is an exception. Btw aside from Dumb Dumb, were Somi’s other songs produced by Teddy even instant hits? 🤔 Lol Teddy do make some bops but you guys overrate him a lot!

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!