Dreamcatcher beat out 4th gen gg fan voting

• Yes, this is something that I've wondered about as well, since physical sales is often considered a proxy for fandom size.

So then the question becomes: why do certain fandoms (like Dreamcatcher's) have a tendency to vote more aggressively than others?

This is basically why BTS hits big because they went from the bottom to the top due to armys dedication. It’s more meaningful when a group which is less privileged wine something than a group that got everything since day one.

Now you look at MAMA worldwide icon top 10 BTS won but the gap with SKZ wasn’t that big, two years ago they would’ve lead by far, I think armys don’t even try because BTS doesn’t need it anymore.

That’s why BG Stans are more dedicated because BG have basically only them and not the GP support.

• This is basically why BTS hits big because they went from the bottom to the top due to armys dedication. It’s more meaningful when a group which is less privileged wine something than a group that got everything since day one.

Now you look at MAMA worldwide icon top 10 BTS won but the gap with SKZ wasn’t that big, two years ago they would’ve lead by far, I think armys don’t even try because BTS doesn’t need it anymore.

That’s why BG Stans are more dedicated because BG have basically only them and not the GP support.

I think I generally agree about your point that fans of less privileged groups tend to assign more value to voting. However, I believe that there are other factors at play.

For example, what causes Stray Kids fans to vote so aggressively versus, let's say, NCT Dream fans? The two groups have comparable sales, both have "Big 4 Privilege", and both built up their success slowly over the past few years, but why are STAYs *so much* more effective in voting?

• Yes, this is something that I've wondered about as well, since physical sales is often considered a proxy for fandom size.

So then the question becomes: why do certain fandoms (like Dreamcatcher's) have a tendency to vote more aggressively than others?

i think you also have to take into account one more thing: bulk buying. Particularly from chinese fans. It’s easy for one chaebol to bulk buy like 10000 album copies at once but a lot harder for that one person to gain 10000 votes for their group, unless they cheat like what stans of 5 ggs did in the previous round lol. So when it comes to voting the effect of bulk buying becomes much more visible and we see the difference in fans’ dedication

Personally I am wondering what happen to bp fanbase. Last year both Lisa and rosé were easily battling out twice (Lisa was even ahead and rosé was right behind) in mama vote but now bp can’t even come close to twice votes

The akgaes fandoms are truly more dedicated than blink, and they are bigger part of bp fandom than I thought. I didn’t believe last year but I think this year showed the truth.

well i think you pretty much answered it: akgaes. bp’s fandom is too divided atp and the akgaes now hold more power than the rest. i remember hardcordblink saying yg probably expected shut down to reach 3m easily but they didn’t anticipate the akgaes to pull out so now its sales still stand at 2m+. this is a problem when a kpop group is too dependent on chinese fans/akgaes for album sales and i was wary of the physical boom a few years ago precisely bc of this. it’s a 2-sided blade to grow so much but only thanks largely to one faction, bc if that faction ceases to exist you’re pretty much toast. i knew i was right but it’s still unfortunate to see it happen like I predicted :(

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!