Why don't boy groups do univ fest performances?

• Univ fests performances always appear on my youtube recs and I always see girl groups doing it. I have seen even nugu ggs (I can't even remember their name now) get invited. I wonder why boy groups doesn't do it? Is it also one factor why bgs aren't known by the gp? I haven't seen any univ fest perf even for popular bgs in Korea such as NCT. Or is there a rule that only ggs get to perform on univ fest? I'm genuinely curious.

• ktnaaa

Changed the title of the thread from “Why boy groups don't do univ fest?” to “Why don't boy groups do univ fest performances?”.
  • Example of univ fest performances that I have seen

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• i have also wondered that as well, maybe companies dont see it much profitable for boygroups? otherwise

Idk it would be good for publicity tho or maybe companies just gave up on having hopes that gp will suddenly listen to bg music or else they're really debuting bgs making it fandom-based in their mind and focusing less on gp appeal.

• Girlgroups appeal to both male and female college students. Boy groups appeal to mostly female students, male students probably end up listening to the musty male rappers that everyone likes there (Beo, Zico, etc) instead of boy groups.

makes sense but do you think it's the universities not inviting bgs or companies not allowing bgs to attend to such event because of less profit?

• Idk it would be good for publicity tho or maybe companies just gave up on having hopes that gp will suddenly listen to bg music or else they're really debuting bgs making it fandom-based in their mind and focusing less on gp appeal.

i think most college people dont know the boygroups song and when the boygroup performs if the crowd be crickets then it may get bad image for the performed boygroup

• makes sense but do you think it's the universities not inviting bgs or companies not allowing bgs to attend to such event because of less profit?

The university event planners survey the students to find out who they want to have perform. The top requested acts are usually girl groups, with the exception of Winner and Psy.

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!