Stellar "UFO" is my current favorite song

• I've always loved this song but for some reason its charting #1 currently on the Drew_B charts.

I cant get enough of it.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Any other fans of this song?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'm convinced something happened with kpop.

Like there are still great songs now and then.

But there is this charm about kpop pre-2014ish or so that it has largely lost and I can't put my finger on it.

I want to say is was the increasing global and international presence that became too much to bear and has ultimately thrown kpop into a more 1 for 1 match up with the ubiquity of international trend.

I know kpop has always been influenced by international elements. But it seemed out of step enough pre middle 10s decade that it still had this distinct charm.

That I would argue has been lost.

And I can't quite say what exactly it is about the music. But I feel it whenever I review large swaths of discographies from earlier years to now.

Either that or I just don't like the modern way they make songs and the sounds and vibe they go for.

I don't know what it is exactly.

• Holy shit I love it.

Loooooooove it.

Why is kpop not like this anymore.

So you'd never heard this one before? It's my favorite Stellar song.

And the magic of kpop is gone. Its lost its mythical status. Theres still good stuff here and there but overall it's no longer special.

• I'm glad you love it. But the problem with Stellar is they started out with a quirky concept like UFO and their debut ROCKIT GIRL. But then later the controversy started with their much publicized sexy concept that was forced on them by their company.

So Stellar is almost two different groups. Their sound changed so much. I like their later songs but I prefer early quirky Stellar.

• Then why is it currently trending #1 on the Drew_B charts?

• You already identified it - too much imitation of vulgar Western female pop "artists" and far too much hip hop influence. Songs from 2014 and earlier had more of a Korean feel to them, like something developed internally rather than borrowed from Warner Music.

But all is not lost - when a newer group puts out material with more of a 2nd Generation sound, we tend to like it right away:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!