In comparing Twice and Izone choreography, why does Twice dance formation feels more crowded/cramped even though Izone has more members?

• Most of IZ*One's choreography designed by Chae Dasom and I remember Choi Yongjun (A dance trainer in Produce) praised her as "formation genius". Indeed, the 2 belonged to the same dance crew (Freemind) with Choi Yongjun as the leader. Choi Yongjun choreographed most of WJSN's songs and that group too had outstanding dance formation. I guess it's the forte and focus of this crew.

Also, I remember reading that Twice's later choreographies were designed by 2-3 different persons independently. JYP would submitted the song to different choreographers, often times foreigners, and JYP's in-house choreograhers would pick nice moves from each piece and knit them into one. So, Twice's dance piece may be designed without a big overall concept but a collage of pretty details. This can be why the formation is not as intricate. Also, foreign choreographers can be not as familiar with/expertised in complicated formation as Korean ones.

I would say it’s the other way around. IZONE choreography is messy and their synchronization are not as perfect as TWICE or other girl groups.

Salty much? Even brought up an imaginative unrelated info to put down another group. The original discussion was on the formation design and not the execution.

• Is this it? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buchaechum

It's interesting.

Not exactly I don't really know how to explain it. Like it's like a "wave". They aren't doing the exact "same move" they are doing similar moves to make it look smooth

IZ*ONE logra primer lugar con Secret Story Of The Swan – KPOP-LAT

Moment Of Movement: IZ*ONE Shows Off Their Beautiful Choreography With 'FIESTA'

Moment Of Movement: IZ*ONE Shows Off Their Beautiful Choreography With 'FIESTA'

For example this would mean exact "same move"

11: KPOP Girl Group Song Battle: Loona

This is like a "fan/wave" that makes it look like it flows effortlessly

Pin by ni putu on ─ iz*one | Kpop girls, Girl group, Pretty and cute

Chart] IZ*ONE - VIOLETA debuts on the charts! Some #1s already! - Charts  and Sales - OneHallyu

• I would say it’s the other way around. IZONE choreography is messy and their synchronization are not as perfect as TWICE or other girl groups.

Why I’m not fond of their stages.

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Izone is most synchro gg now

• I think Twice's choreographer does that on purpose to try to make the stage feel less empty as generally they do not have back up dancers, SNSD used to do formations like this as well to make the space on stage feel less empty

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

MD06SU0.gif

• I would say it’s the other way around. IZONE choreography is messy and their synchronization are not as perfect as TWICE or other girl groups.

Why I’m not fond of their stages.

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is so incorrect, IZ*ONE are the most synchronised girl group currently.

Also their choreography just make better use of the members with their beautiful formations.

External Content www.youtube.com

• This is so incorrect, IZ*ONE are the most synchronised girl group currently.

Also their choreography just make better use of the members with their beautiful formations.

However

1) synchronicity is not permanent and depends mostly on the amount of time invested to the practice of each song.

2) As sited by the one running the analysis himself, the analysis might be incorrect and, if the choreography was designed in the way that different members doing different moves at a time, the software might interpret that as asynchronism.

• However

1) synchronicity is not permanent and depends mostly on the amount of time invested to the practice of each song.

2) As sited by the one running the analysis himself, the analysis might be incorrect and, if the choreography was designed in the way that different members doing different moves at a time, the software might interpret that as asynchronism.

I understand both those points. They remain an especially in-sync group. :wink:

• My own observation is that iz*one choreos usually have many parts where members would standby on the side. Since they have a lot of members, there are many sections that dont need that many members to do it so they like exit from the frame then enter again once they have a role again. Twice does that too but less frequently. Their choreographies usually try to utilize them all.

Edit:

Lmao im such a clown. I didnt read your post first. I just said what you have already said :clown:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!