I don’t understand all the fuss about Levi

• Aot is my first anime and I’m still half way through season 3 but I really don’t understand why Levi is so popular. Before I started aot I thought he was the main guy but he’s not. He looks cool and does cool stuff but I don’t see something that distinguish him from other characters. What am I missing?

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• Aot is my first anime and I’m still half way through season 3 but I really don’t understand why Levi is so popular. Before I started aot I thought he was the main guy but he’s not. He looks cool and does cool stuff but I don’t see something that distinguish him from other characters. What am I missing?

You are missing out the part that his back story is what makes him popular also with how his personallity and stuff are like

• *GASP*

He is easily distinguishable from the rest of the characters by being the strongest, the coolest and the hottest person in aot. :lover1: he can step on me :lover2:

Drop some moneY

erosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif896e43bc70930fa93538987bcf98568f828dbdc4.gifv 4ed3672a47d5a1db609af94f6965ecb4df788778.gifv 1569dce42941a2054232901ca03faba39b1d1fb5.gifverosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

• Literally nothing, people just love the hot and cold trope in anime guys. The real main character of this clapped show is Armin :thumbup:

Srsly armin is the first character I warmed up 2.. his sexy brain is something else

• he has strength and status and that's the two things women are instantly attracted to

doesnt have enough of a personality to offend anyone

is short so short guys like him too as a good albeit unrealistic representative

what more

• Levi Ackerman GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Do you not see this man? he is hawttttt. LOL but I get you, personally I think Eren is better looking. But Levi still has a place in my heart. Also Reiner is hot.

lmao so many are hawt even Jean and Erwin, but Levi the most :lover4:

Drop some moneY

erosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif896e43bc70930fa93538987bcf98568f828dbdc4.gifv 4ed3672a47d5a1db609af94f6965ecb4df788778.gifv 1569dce42941a2054232901ca03faba39b1d1fb5.gifverosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

Do you not see this man? he is hawttttt. LOL but I get you, personally I think Eren is better looking. But Levi still has a place in my heart. Also Reiner is hot.

He’s hot ngl. But the way ppl hyped him before I watch the anime I thought this guy is carrying 3/4 of the story.. but he wasn’t even in season 1 lmao

His looks are attractive, but he's just stoic. That's unattractive imo.

• He’s hot ngl. But the way ppl hyped him before I watch the anime I thought this guy is carrying 3/4 of the story.. but he wasn’t even in season 1 lmao

ah i get where you're coming from, these things happen when something is overhyped and you build up so much expectation

Drop some moneY

• This is a normal phenomenon where side characters take the main character's thunder for whatever reason.

I think Levi fits a trope that tends to be very popular with female audience while being cool enough for male audience. Dunno if it was on purpose or accidental in case of AoT. Once the author notices this, they overplay it and give these popular characters more screentime.

Now back to this archetype, maybe this gained traction with Hokuto no Ken, a series aimed at male audience, but it captivated a big female following with stoic cold characters who are badasses, but have heart underneath that sorta archetype. If the main character doesn't fit this, some side character will and invariably they end up high in the popularity ranking and getting more screentime as a result.

In Japan at least with popular series, they also release popularity rankings between characters. Of course this will affect how the author will write characters and exposure.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!