Will there ever be a group on KCon who has no realations with Korea or KPop?

• Just wondering since outside of the KPop-groups all shown JPop acts are either people who have realations with Mnet trought Produce 101 Japan, groups who had some members on Produce 101 Japan, a group who has at least one member who had to do with Korea in some way (That most likly counts to the fictionaly group 8LOOM who apeared on Kcon this week who has 1 member that used to be a KPop-trainee before) or its groups who are either affiliated/signed with a Korean lable

I mean will there ever be someone who never ever was affiliated or conected in any way to KPop? (Do not suggest Yoasobi here if you may think they should ad them to the show, cause ya know Ikuta was featured on a song of TXT before and IDK if that would change something in who to pick, same goes to for example BE:FIRST since they have a member that used to be in a KPop-group some years ago) but I mean what if they would ad someone like IDK but you know what I mean, someone who never been to Korea, never worked with KPop-groups or KPop-artists, someone who was never on Produce, someone who simply just is a random JPop-artist you know ... maybe someone like Ado or IDK ...

I mean it's nice that they added so many JPop-acts by now but they are curently all people who have realations to Mnet before in some way or another or Korea as like NiziU trought being from JYP

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• The K in KCON is for Korea so I wouldn't hold my breath.

• That's kind of the point of KCON tho. If Western or Japanese fans wanted to see other genres, they'd just go see them. I can think of non-Korean artists but they were always in conjunction with a Korean artist (Missy Elliott, Bebe Rexha). That said, I thought some of the Japanese KCONs had Japanese groups/artists that weren't working in kpop?

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• I thought some of the Japanese KCONs had Japanese groups/artists that weren't working in kpop?

Some Japanese acts even apeard in Korea and the USA

Also as said before they all have realations to Korea in some way or another as like NiziU with JYP , JO1 with that their company is owned by CJ,E&M or OCTPATH who's member all apeared on Produce 101 Japan for example (+ in for example OCTPATH's case they also have a member who is a former BigHit trainee)

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!