(any stans- pls come answer) how long is the ideal....

• thank you so much! i love the in-depth answer and i really agree with you!

i’d like to ask how you think it should be for a nugu artist or nugu rookie, as well! the bigger a group/artist is, the less specifically curated the release cycle needs to be. so a nugu group/artist would be a different answer (like you said)

• thank you so much! i love the in-depth answer and i really agree with you!

i’d like to ask how you think it should be for a nugu artist or nugu rookie, as well! the bigger a group/artist is, the less specifically curated the release cycle needs to be. so a nugu group/artist would be a different answer (like you said)

yw!

tbh, I think the more nugu an artist is, the more promotions they should have, but it should never ever go past 4 months, that is the most you can go with hype really, it dies down by the 5th month and gets forgotten.... the goal for the nugu groups is to hit it big with at least one track, and it has to be promoted for long so that the public hears more of it, so they have to work for longer to make it well-known

the more popular you are, the faster you release tracks, to keep getting hits and see whether you are at a constant top position, your basic goal is that, and for that you need to release faster to see if it is just a phase or not for the listeners, and to make them not lose interest

also, I guess you can take an example of a group for my earlier post. The groups should measure themselves against The Boyz's or a group of this much popularity's success. If they are more nugu, they have to go with the first option, if they are more famous, they go with the second option

Even on sleepless nights

tumblr_p29pdkWiWY1wldi5ho1_500.gifv

Look each other in the eyes

• do you think it’s worth it, even if it means less music?

for instance... what if a song does really well for like a whole year? should they not release anything else or is there like am amount of time where it’s okay to release a new one (even if the previous one is still killing it)

like say if a song stayed #1 for a year or two (just a hypothetical) at what point do you say “well it has a life of its own now, let’s promote something new”?

That's why I initially voted 6 months. If the song is doing SUPER well (take Dynamite from BTS, for instance), I wouldn't interrupt that song's success just for the sake of having more music. But in about 6 months, the public usually starts to get tired of it or may want something new.

However, in typical cases, I'd say about 3 to 4 months in. That allows for promotion, variety appearances, etc. I think a lot of groups promote a song for like two weeks and then disappear, which imo isn't long enough.

• thank you! i never even considered that. my only thought was “wouldn’t nugu want to release more frequently to keep their name out there?”

but they can’t really do that if they only have 1-2 months to promote the song, right? haha and i agree, past 4 months seems like it’s either: a) taken on its own life and is doing okay; or b) the buzz died down

• That's why I initially voted 6 months. If the song is doing SUPER well (take Dynamite from BTS, for instance), I wouldn't interrupt that song's success just for the sake of having more music. But in about 6 months, the public usually starts to get tired of it or may want something new.

However, in typical cases, I'd say about 3 to 4 months in. That allows for promotion, variety appearances, etc. I think a lot of groups promote a song for like two weeks and then disappear, which imo isn't long enough.

thank you! i think that sounds super reasonable, yeah

mr. brightside by the killers didn’t leave the uk charts for year. same with spring day by bts in the k charts. past a certain point, i think people aren’t listening because of buzz or “discovering the song” anymore. it just has longevity to the listeners

so a 6 month cap to give the masses time to discover and spread about a huge hit song seems good. past 6 months, it’s not like the artist would still be promoting it. the buzz is just natural.

• Does it matter much for kpop groups? Most Kpop groups release a title track and album together and are done. They just move on to the next album.

Releasing too many singles leads to over saturation if the timing isn't proper. Look at Justin Bieber. 4 singles before album release. There is decrease in performance. But it'll inflate the album streams anyways.

Even something similar happened to chunga. She kept on releasing songs that gave no output.

I think positions and 34+35 was done well. Both were kinda promoted together if i remember correctly. And right now most probably another single will be released. But I don't think it'll perform like the other 2.

At the end different strategies need to be adopted for different artists. The right timing is everything. The artists team needs to figure it out. Sometimes some songs r late bloomers too.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• The true ideal is how long your previous single smashes the charts

If it flop, you can release the follow up 2 weeks later and it won't matter. If it's a smash you can sometimes wait 4 to 5 months

But talking about Korea, singles never are hits after more than few weeks after the album is release, the only system of multiple singles that works is the pre release strategy but again, pre releases presumes existence of an album not too far ahead

I don't know, Korea just don't go well with releasing multiple singles from a single album. They will do better if you release random singles each 6 months

• Sometimes some songs r late bloomers too

me at people who still have the impression that lovesick girls by bp, fancy by twice, or on by bts were flops.....

they’re performance in sales and charts is really good! some songs just don’t take off at first and rise up or have great longevity later.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!