Apparently some hater say its "cultural appropriation" of Fujii Kaze to use Indian words

• There alot of east asian celebs who love Indian culture and Bollywood aesthetics

There was a chinese actress who wore a red saree in her wedding and generally people's reaction to it was positive.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• "Sab ko pyar karo. Sab ki seeva karo." It means love everyone, serve everyone.

What a nice quote! How is this cultural appropriation when he's using the language in the right way?

That's a lovely meaning!

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

• Can't read hindi(I am a malayalee) but it just seems like he has some Indian foods in his menu, that's really nice and all and not at all cultural appropriation.

The modern world has turned everything into CA and disregards the opinions of actual people from that culture/place. It's really disappointing to see. He's not mocking India or its food, he's appreciating it. We need more people like that.

• "Sab ko pyar karo. Sab ki seeva karo." It means love everyone, serve everyone.

What a nice quote! How is this cultural appropriation when he's using the language in the right way?

There alot of east asian celebs who love Indian culture and Bollywood aesthetics

There was a chinese actress who wore a red saree in her wedding and generally people's reaction to it was positive.

Can't read hindi(I am a malayalee) but it just seems like he has some Indian foods in his menu, that's really nice and all and not at all cultural appropriation.

The modern world has turned everything into CA and disregards the opinions of actual people from that culture/place. It's really disappointing to see. He's not mocking India or its food, he's appreciating it. We need more people like that.

On the other hand there is one thing that is quit strange about it, that some people who don't really care that he uses this words randomly started to think they need to stan him, just cause most items on his menue are vegan "oh he is a vegan, I'm vegan, I think I have to stan him" and they don't even know his music :facepalm:

Some info:

Fujii Kaze is a 25 year ols Japanese musician who started to do music 3 years ago and got super famous in Japan and even outside of Japan this year as one of his songs went viral due to people say it's cause of TikTok and it even went so viral, that it was the first Japanese song to enter the global top50 of Spotify earlier this year. Kaze had a kind of strong debut in 2019, despite that he was still a bit more on the underrated side of being popular at first but still menaged to win his first awards very soon, of wich for example one was the "Best new Japanese Artist" on the Korean MAMA Awards in 2020. At the moment he is also the most listened Japanese artist on Spotify with over 8 million monthly listener and more than 1 million follower (one of his songs has almost 100 million streams on Spotify and his most viewed MV has over 73 million views on Youtube).

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Ppl can't tell the difference between appreciation and cultural appropriation anymore. He went to India to shoot a MV for his latest single, Grace. I just posted the MV earlier today in the 'what JPOP are you listening to...' and it's so clear that it's an appreciation and not Kaze stealing opportunities or misusing "Indian culture." There's English translation to his lyrics - basically a song of finding your inner faith, compass, and making sense of the world/life/humanity. How many people go to India to learn and appreciate its rich culture, history, and religions....plenty!

Kaze's is a really refreshing JPOP artist in my opinion and I've followed him since his debut.

Grace MV - shot in India with Indian staff etc.

Update: I made an official Fujii Kaze thread. He's too talented of a musician to not be appreciated especially if you love JPOP.

Edited once, last by Yinye ().

I think he means Love all serve all ... thats the exact title as one of his albums tho

External Content open.spotify.com

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Randomly found an Indian reactor reacting to Fujii Kaze's Grace. Just sharing his POV ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!