Why did V replace Jimin/Jungkook as Korean it boy?

• Knetz have pointed out V and Wonyoung are the it boy and girl in Korea recently. Most of Bts have faded away in popularity, yet V is now at his most popular, the only male idol talked about these days. How does he do it?

"Male V, Female Jang Won-young. This is correct hahahaha. Even in the 10th year of his debut, V is always making headlines with the 4th generation idols."

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Approved the thread.
  • You just want to start an akgae war. V did not replace Jimin nor Jungkook as it boy in Korea. All three of them are very popular.

• let the akgaes began their fights.

• Becuase he has been the most active of them. Use common sense. Bts maknae line are all close to each other in popularity. Jimin was unprecedented in Korea till 2020. Then during pandemic jungkook started blowing up. Now it's v. All 3 are the most popular kpop idols for a reason.

• I've never seen anyone calling jungkook it boy, jimin it boy title was pushed by I armys because he never left top spot on brand ranking which has proven to be rigged. V has always been popular yall just started acknowledging it now.

• I think he's just been the most active recently and accordingly had the most articles written about him.

• He hasnt replaced anybody, jungkook is still pretty much more popular than all of them in SK

• Wonyoung is currently a wall among kpop idols there in south korea, virtually no one can hold a candle against her rn! Been noticing V getting astounding views on his articles recently on naver and his appearance always trends #1 on naver most of the time, which is great! Saw one article of his last week with views rivaling the park minyoung scandal in naver and that's crazy. Idk how much the other members of BTS trend but i always see V trending most of the time.

20221001_200553.jpg

• All three kept exchanging places since forever. They are the holy trinity of it boys. No other group has that power.

• Whoever is trying to set up v, gtfo

Most of bts members are just living their lives privately. Most of them arent on social media much, dont do solo variety, dont do solo brand ads (yet),... & Still the ML tops most individual idol charts.

Taehyung has been - very very slowly- spreading his wings & starting to do solo projects (Celine show, radio programme, Korea Vogue cover,.. still the bare basics) and it's clearly paying off. Everyone should be very happy that no one of bts has actively started their individual carreers yet because as we can see with taehyung, it's not gonna be pretty for other groups' solo works.

• Wonyoung is currently a wall among kpop idols there in south korea, virtually no one can hold a candle against her rn! Been noticing V getting astounding views on his articles recently on naver and his appearance always trends #1 on naver most of the time, which is great! Saw one article of his last week with views rivaling the park minyoung scandal in naver and that's crazy. Idk how much the other members of BTS trend but i always see V trending most of the time.

20221001_200553.jpg

that article got lots of views bc it was a clickbait that made GP thought he was addressing the dating news.

• Jungkook and jimin don't seem to want to be "it" boys, whether their fans want them to or not. Seems like they want to be more lowkey and relaxed now. V is doing the fashion/instagrammer thing right now but who knows how long he'll be interested in it. He goes from interest to interest quickly

• that article got lots of views bc it was a clickbait that made GP thought he was addressing the dating news.

His recent radio appearance also trended number #1 naver with lots of views. Are you saying that's because of dating rumours as well? He was trending on naver before he had any dating rumours to begin with.

• His recent radio appearance also trended number #1 naver with lots of views. Are you saying that's because of dating rumours as well? He was trending on naver before he had any dating rumours to begin with.

Eh, he IS popular that is without a doubt. But that particular example is not a good one, that is all.

In general maknae line are head-to-head when it comes to domestic popularity. Jungkook excels in youtube korea (most searched, most trending vlog, highest out of BTS members), Taehyung was the most searched one in Naver, and Jimin with his articles trending everytime (thanks to his hardcore k-fanbase too). No one is overwhelmingly more popular than the others. Having this discussion every five days is useless.

• Eh, he IS popular that is without a doubt. But that particular example is not a good one, that is all.

In general maknae line are head-to-head when it comes to domestic popularity. Jungkook excels in youtube korea (most searched, most trending vlog, highest out of BTS members), Taehyung was the most searched one in Naver, and Jimin with his articles trending everytime (thanks to his hardcore k-fanbase too). No one is overwhelmingly more popular than the others. Having this discussion every five days is useless.

I don't know about others but V is one of the few kpop male idols i see trending consistently on naver main page with impressive views even before his whole dating scandal era begin, with naver being the biggest search engine in south korea. Even on qoo he trends daily with articles having 100k+ views. That's the only reason why i mentioned him along side wonyoung.

• I don't know about others but V is one of the few kpop male idols i see trending consistently on naver main page with impressive views even before his whole dating scandal era begin, with naver being the biggest search engine in south korea. Even on qoo he trends daily with articles having 100k+ views. That's the only reason why i mentioned him along side wonyoung.

If we want to say abt TheQoo, then Jungkook is also the only person aside of BTS to have 3000 comments in a single TheQoo article. Or we can move to MelOn and say why is Jimin’s first hour listener is much more than V’s Christmas Tree or Jungkook’s Stay Alive?

Like discussion abt this is useless. Each person has their own area in which they excel. Sadly no one is overpowering the other atm. Anyone saying otherwise, you can be sure they’re akgae / diet solos lol.

• that article got lots of views bc it was a clickbait that made GP thought he was addressing the dating news.

And this one?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

There was a group activity of bts and V's article trended above group one. I don't remember what it was I'll link it when I found the source.

• because he is the only one active right now among three. And also he is wise and knows how to promote himself even without the help of company.

jimin. jk needs to learn how to promote themselves from him because hybe ain't doing shit for any of them. They don't even update on Instagram😔.

Hybe has 3 golden boys of kpop but they really don't know how to use their potential.

• I love K-Pop fans’ unearned confidence in expressing their personal opinion like it’s a fact and expect everyone to just fall in line with it.

• Koreans hate tattoos and Jimin was never an IT boy his akgaes just found a way to manipulate those brand rep rankings

• If we want to say abt TheQoo, then Jungkook is also the only person aside of BTS to have 3000 comments in a single TheQoo article. Or we can move to MelOn and say why is Jimin’s first hour listener is much more than V’s Christmas Tree or Jungkook’s Stay Alive?

Like discussion abt this is useless. Each person has their own area in which they excel. Sadly no one is overpowering the other atm. Anyone saying otherwise, you can be sure they’re akgae / diet solos lol.

Christmas tree peaked with much higher ULS and reached top 15 on all kcharts. Jimin only had higher 1st hour ULs but he peaked much lower and charted lower than Christmas tree. I don't keep track on how jungkook charts so i can't speak on him. I only pointed out V trends really high on naver with lots of views all the time and he is really one of the consistent make idols to have done that. which isn't bad, i didn't discredit the other two.

• Yall acting like he was a nugu before.

• If we want to say abt TheQoo, then Jungkook is also the only person aside of BTS to have 3000 comments in a single TheQoo article. Or we can move to MelOn and say why is Jimin’s first hour listener is much more than V’s Christmas Tree or Jungkook’s Stay Alive?

to be fair, the amount of listeners has more to do with being a popular artist than being an it boy.

• Taehyung solo stans are wilding. So according to their logic, Jungkook before 2021 was the undisputed #1 based on Google trends? That in and of itself is flawed because it depends on if the maknae line are involved in something ie scandals/viral moments. Which both Jimin and Jungkook have been apart of. The same will be for Taehyung since he has had dating scandals from two women to solo promos this year since he's the only member who is doing more solo activities in the vocal line. All these rankings prove nothing more than the fact that external forces are keeping name recognition high and it rotates between maknae line depending on those factors. The best way to tell who has the most fans is when they all officially release solo albums.

• because he is the only one active right now among three. And also he is wise and knows how to promote himself even without the help of company.

jimin. jk needs to learn how to promote themselves from him because hybe ain't doing shit for any of them. They don't even update on Instagram😔.

Hybe has 3 golden boys of kpop but they really don't know how to use their potential.

seems like jimin and jk don’t really care about those things. you can tell from the way they use their instagram which they don’t really utilize lmao especially jimin. i do agree though they need to use their social media more if they wanna stay in the spotlight for a long time.

• Taehyung solo stans are wilding. So according to their logic, Jungkook before 2021 was the undisputed #1 based on Google trends? That in and of itself is flawed because it depends on if the maknae line are involved in something ie scandals/viral moments. Which both Jimin and Jungkook have been apart of. The same will be for Taehyung since he has had dating scandals from two women to solo promos this year since he's the only member who is doing more solo activities in the vocal line. All these rankings prove nothing more than the fact that external forces are keeping name recognition high and it rotates between maknae line depending on those factors. The best way to tell who has the most fans is when they all officially release solo albums.

You trying to make it seem like he's only number 1 cause of the dating scandal is too funny to me. The best indicator right now would be how their solo OSTs is doing and only Christmas tree charted well on both kcharts and is now getting more daily streams than stay alive for a while now despite stay alive being released earlier. Even with you did okayish on kcharts and is getting similar stream numbers to Christmas tree rn.

Plus didn't jk and jm also have dating rumour scandals in the last 3 years?, jk with that tatto girl and another actress and jm with an actress. So I can also say they are being uplifted by these rumours but i won't because it sounds ridiculous.

• The best indicator right now would be how their solo OSTs is doing and only Christmas tree charted well on both kcharts and is now getting more daily streams than stay alive for a while now despite stay alive being released earlier. Even with you did okayish on kcharts and is getting similar stream numbers to Christmas tree rn.

Can you post some current daily stats for the streams?

Kcharts are irrelevant to the discussion.

• You trying to make it seem like he's only number 1 cause of the dating scandal is too funny to me. The best indicator right now would be how their solo OSTs is doing and only Christmas tree charted well on both kcharts and is now getting more daily streams than stay alive for a while now despite stay alive being released earlier. Even with you did okayish on kcharts and is getting similar stream numbers to Christmas tree rn.

Plus didn't jk and jm also have dating rumour scandals in the last 3 years?, jk with that tatto girl and another actress and jm with an actress. So I can also say they are being uplifted by these rumours but i won't because it sounds ridiculous.

Armys say this shit and then expect taehyung stans to worship them. Taehyung has always been the popular one despite not being fandom's favourite. They're saying anything now, jungkook used to post regularly on IG V still had more engagements. Jimin and Jk's songs had more debut streams, V's ost still doing better in daily streams. And rumors are big only because V's name is attached to them not the otherwise.

• Can you post some current daily stats for the streams?

Kcharts are irrelevant to the discussion

Stay alive

Sep 30 : 258,585

Oct 1 : 239,849

Oct 2 : 246,069

Christmas tree

Sep 30 : 405,617

Oct 1 : 393,103

Oct 2 : 385,674

With you

Sep 30: 400,378

Oct 1 : 423,749

Oct 2 : 528,752

These are current stats of the song!

• Other two songs having 5-10k difference in streams on average and we have with you with 100k gain out of nowhere 😭 i always wondered why jimin's song didn't enter hot100 because even jin's entered bubbling under. The answer is right infront of us💀

• Christmas tree's numbers are impressive considering it was released last year and still doing so good.

• Other two songs having 5-10k difference in streams on average and we have with you with 100k gain out of nowhere 😭 i always wondered why jimin's song didn't enter hot100 because even jin's entered bubbling under. The answer is right infront of us💀

It's because Jimin's song was released during a more competitive week streams wise, and he only had five days of tracking versus the usual seven - so in this case the H100 comparison doesn't really mean much.

• It's because Jimin's song was released during a more competitive week streams wise, and he only had five days of tracking versus the usual seven - so in this case the H100 comparison doesn't really mean much.

I think it's because of sales. Christmas tree was released during Christmas the most competitive week.

• Jimin and Jungkook are probably more relaxed about promoting themselves bc they know when it comes to their solo rollout BH will go all out. They've always been the stars of BTS and the most prominently featured members.

meanwhile V probably rightfully realises if he doesn't promote himself BH will let him fall into obscurity.

their different strategies make a lot of sense when you consider how different they're seen by HYBE (the "essential" members, who sing 50% of any given song between them, vs the visual "filler" member).

• Jimin and Jungkook are probably more relaxed about promoting themselves bc they know when it comes to their solo rollout BH will go all out. They've always been the stars of BTS and the most prominently featured members.

meanwhile V probably rightfully realises if he doesn't promote himself BH will let him fall into obscurity.

their different strategies make a lot of sense when you consider how different they're seen by HYBE (the "essential" members, who sing 50% of any given song between them, vs the visual "filler" member).

I don't think hybe sees V as a filler member they know his power thats why they try to make use of his popularity every chance they get except giving him more lines and solo exposure but I agree with you jikook are going to be main soloists of BTS and I trust hybe with their promo. I think V was held back a lot from doing activities he's doing now, that's why he refuses to rest now. He'll be low-key about his music I'm sure about I but it'll still get a lot of exposure because I don't see hybe promoting it other companies /names will do it for him.

• some taehyung stans sure like to shit on jk and jm

• You trying to make it seem like he's only number 1 cause of the dating scandal is too funny to me. The best indicator right now would be how their solo OSTs is doing and only Christmas tree charted well on both kcharts and is now getting more daily streams than stay alive for a while now despite stay alive being released earlier. Even with you did okayish on kcharts and is getting similar stream numbers to Christmas tree rn.

That's EXACTLY my point. Jungkook had that fender bender, dating scandal and 97 line itaewon outing to name a few that increased his name recognition. Jimin had the tshirt scandal that kpoppies got nazis involved with, which did the opposite of ruining him in Korea. In fact the nationalism for Jimin was sky high. He also get's dragged unprovoked daily for his looks/vocals that helps keep his name high on trends. Let's not mention when either JK or Jimin have their viral moments. That is exactly what I'm saying Susan. NONE of those factors reflects who is the most popular. And not you and the other comparing a webtoon ost to drama osts? The one where not even the fandom asked for or wanted another webtoon or would only be checked by army or casual BTS fans? Be serious. You can compare apples to apples drama fans(or gp) tunes in with Christmas Tree and With You and even at that that is also flawed because of factors like when it was released, competition, and virality of the drama it's ost is from. The BEST way possible, even though it can still be manipulated, are album sales. I would say touring is the ONLY method to prove true popularity but the likelihood of them individually going on tour is -25%. So you and the other diet v solo turning akgae can zip it. Because in this very thread other people used google trends as the factor for who's the most popular when Jungkook since 2015 until 2021 was #1 most searched. If it's not valid for Jungkook then it's not valid for Taehyung. And I knew you guys where going to use IG followers like a crutch so do tell me how Selena Gomez and all her close to 200M followers couldn't sell her last album to 100k units? If you are using IG followers as proof of popularity, imma need you to be serious.

• That's EXACTLY my point. Jungkook had that fender bender, dating scandal and 97 line itaewon outing to name a few that increased his name recognition. Jimin had the tshirt scandal that kpoppies got nazis involved with, which did the opposite of ruining him in Korea. In fact the nationalism for Jimin was sky high. He also get's dragged unprovoked daily for his looks/vocals that helps keep his name high on trends. Let's not mention when either JK or Jimin have their viral moments. That is exactly what I'm saying Susan. NONE of those factors reflects who is the most popular. And not you and the other comparing a webtoon ost to drama osts? The one where not even the fandom asked for or wanted another webtoon or would only be checked by army or casual BTS fans? Be serious. You can compare apples to apples drama fans(or gp) tunes in with Christmas Tree and With You and even at that that is also flawed because of factors like when it was released, competition, and virality of the drama it's ost is from. The BEST way possible, even though it can still be manipulated, are album sales. I would say touring is the ONLY method to prove true popularity but the likelihood of them individually going on tour is -25%. So you and the other diet v solo turning akgae can zip it. Because in this very thread other people used google trends as the factor for who's the most popular when Jungkook since 2015 until 2021 was #1 most searched. If it's not valid for Jungkook then it's not valid for Taehyung. And I knew you guys where going to use IG followers like a crutch so do tell me how Selena Gomez and all her close to 200M followers couldn't sell her last album to 100k units? If you are using IG followers as proof of popularity, imma need you to be serious.

Everything you say! Thank you! Also drama OST’s popularity is in line with the drama’s popularity itself and the whole Our Beloved Summer OST is a hit both in kchart and intl ones (esp Asia). Comparing webtoon OST to popular dramas OST is ridiculous.

I’d say spotify debut streams also reflect fandom engagement and we can say both Jungkook and Jimin kinda triumph over Tae a bit in that area but Tae does have much better IG engagements. But Tae solos/diet solos never listen to the fact that all maknae line members have areas that they excel in! It’s ridiculous to denounce popularity as if it’s a Suzy vs Miss A situation.

• This thread contains 22 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!