RANT , Why are i-fans being too critical with variety show MC nowadays?? (Ex:doni/hyungdon)

• First of all English is not my first language .

I've been a fans of k-pop k-variety since a long time .

And There's a point when I've quit kpop but still catch up with the variety show.

But yesterday I've stumble upon a video of idol compilation and they replace Doni and coni faces with 🤮 and 🗑️ emoji .

I'm taken aback and went some digging . And found they "supposedly" being rude, hitting heads, etc .

There's even a video about why they should be cancelled .

But the thing is it's his character since infinite challenge as long as I remember when I started watching it in 2009/2010.

And I feel like people don't know that he is friends with many idol behind the scene.

And I feel like it's unfair to judge him by his character .

And I feel like it have something to do with visual and age too .

Now disclaimer : I'm not saying kwangsoo is bad . I've been watching running man since the beginning.

But he do alot of things that will be considered rude if it's done by hyungdon .

Like (I forgot which episode) but in a quiz game iirc he hand chops girls Adam apple so she couldn't answer/talk.

People be like "it's a game tho"

But in weekly idol the majority of head hitting with rubber hammer is from a game too .

And it goes both ways , if the idol win they can hit the mc too .

And some of them hit Doni really really hard too .

And why did people don't understand character ??

Like how kwangsoo have betrayal image, KJK is a Sparta, Kim jongmin and Jung junha being the stupid one,, haha being the kiddo/brat.

I get it if u mad when some of them goes too far in the character like Kim gura and Kara fiasco.

And I understand if u hate some of them of coz scandal if they have one .

Like why don't u write in as the main reason in the first place coz it's the most ustified reason imo.

My conclusion is . I don't get the hate.

Can someone explain to me .

• Rozysebelas

Changed the title of the thread from “RANT , Why are i-fans being too critical with variety show MC nowadays?? (Ex:dony hyungdon)” to “RANT , Why are i-fans being too critical with variety show MC nowadays?? (Ex:doni/hyungdon)”.
  • Some (a lot of) variety show people are very problematic. Like seriously. Not even in a “they are only problematic in this country“ problematic. On the other hand you have a lot of kpop fans that genuinely don’t even try to understand Korean humor or try to project their problems on like half of Korea without trying to understand the Korean culture.

• honestly that game with hammer they overdo it

I can't imagine hitting girl in the head like that

I know it's a toy but when force is big you can still hurt someone badly with it

Yeongyeon had tears in her eyes yet she put an act like it was funny

because they were filming variety show...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hi fellow k-variety fan.

:ak_gyuriwave:

Kpop fans who watch the variety shows for their group, don’t expect to be beaten by a plastic hammer. They get angry about the smallest thing.

The older variety shows were really more driven by comedians. They goal was to make the show funny even if it meant hitting groups on head with giant red squeaking hammer.

Doni and Coni once got pulled up by Inspirit and they told on Tv. We not allowed to do this and that (maybe it was to pick one member and punish only that person for ridiculous reasons) because your fans were angry.

And the hammer thing stopped too because the fans were complaining.

Until idols speak up about how they felt about that program we don’t know for sure but that was the only place where Doni was like that. He was nice in 2 day 1 night and nobody had a problem with him.

• People are too sensitive.

They even hit IU and G-dragon with the hammer.

But I guess some peoples faves are more special than GD and IU.

• Some (a lot of) variety show people are very problematic. Like seriously. Not even in a “they are only problematic in this country“ problematic. On the other hand you have a lot of kpop fans that genuinely don’t even try to understand Korean humor or try to project their problems on like half of Korea without trying to understand the Korean culture.

THIS soo much and as a Korean I fucking hate that bs the audacity of the Ifans hypocrisy about respect this or that but REFUSE to learn understand or accept a single gotdamn thing about our culture and society and expect everything to conform to their views that whole"colonist behavior" the "woke🤡" talk about.

Fans in general can be ridiculous the one involving infinite and inspirt was crazy too, but then these fans 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡 ✋ 🤡 the MCs and the members of infinite especially sunggyu are close friends. And Sunggyu is a no bullshit no nonsense leader even tells fans off, he would legit kill someone for fucking with infinite, nothing would save you from his wrath. So fans need to get off the drugs of thinking they know better than the idols.

• THIS soo much and as a Korean I fucking hate that bs the audacity of the Ifans hypocrisy about respect this or that but REFUSE to learn understand or accept a single gotdamn thing about our culture and society and expect everything to conform to their views that whole"colonist behavior" the "woke🤡" talk about.

Fans in general can be ridiculous the one involving infinite and inspirt was crazy too, but then these fans 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡 ✋ 🤡 the MCs and the members of infinite especially sunggyu are close friends. And Sunggyu is a no bullshit no nonsense leader even tells fans off, he would legit kill someone for fucking with infinite, nothing would save you from his wrath. So fans need to get off the drugs of thinking they know better than the idols.

Yeah, I would not only call out Ifans since Kfans or people in general tend to do that (e.g. fansites problematic where a lot of people just said that ifans are racist when fansites are not even trying to behave normally). Generally speaking, people should always look into a culture of a country, before making any statements. Different culture, different priorities and values

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!