Lisa's ancestors are crying!!! Rachael Ray Fu Pad Thai

• Uncle Roger just uploaded a reaction video of niece Rachael Ray cooking Pad Thai.

I can assure you that's the worst Pad Thai that you will ever see. :pepe-cringe:

Wrong ingredients, wrong technique and wrong quantities. :pepe-peek:

It was so bad that it made Lisa's ancestors cry. :pepe-puddle:

What you think nieces and nephews? pepe-ooh

You'll find the link of the video below :

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• As uncle Roger said, she's the american version of Jamie Oliver : she fu every asian dish :pepe-peek:

Don't get me started on him..........................................

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

• Don't get me started on him..........................................

External Content www.youtube.com

I understand his fight but it's too shocking to do that :-(

• I am not Thai, but I am offended on behalf of niece Lisa and all the other nieces and nephews from Thailand.

• Roses-are-Rosie

Changed the title of the thread from “Lisa's ancestors are crying!!!” to “Lisa's ancestors are crying!!! Rachael Ray Fu Pad Thai”.
  • I'm Thai and authentic Thai food is a must. This was horrific - like soooooo horrific to anyone that is Thai -- it's a form of torture esp. the overcooked noodles and WTF ingredients re carrots, ginger, soy sauces, fresh chilies, mint, flowers?!?!?!!?

I'm offended~~. My Thai ancestors are def crying and I just wish these foreign chefs would not call things X when the ingredients and way of cooking as nothing related to the original recipe. This was soooo bad - she should not be calling it Pad Thai but maybe something like Rachel Ray Chicken Noodles inspired by Pad Thai etc.

Edited once, last by Yinye ().

• I'm Thai and authentic Thai food is a must. This was horrific - like soooooo horrific to anyone that is Thai -- it's a form of torture esp. the overcooked noodles and WTF ingredients re carrots, ginger, soy sauces, fresh chilies, mint, flowers?!?!?!!?

I'm offended~~. My Thai ancestors are def crying and I just wish these foreign chefs would not call things X when the ingredients and way of cooking as nothing related to the original recipe. This was soooo bad - she should not be calling it Pad Thai but maybe something like Rachel Ray Chicken Noodles inspired by Pad Thai etc.

Ah I didn't know you were Thai.

And yes making it good is very important. :yesr:

She thinks a pad Thai is putting every random s* from your fridge and cooking it up. :pepe-joy:

Plus the noodles were soggy and overcooked. Even pasta are not that much cooked :angryr:

She's the queen of Fu Asian dish haiyaaaaaaaaaaaaa :cryingr:

• Technically only half Thai but I was born here and identify as Thai among my various heritage and came back here after growing up abroad. Thai food is so delicious when prepared authentically - we take pride in our cuisine so to watch this video was so painful....

To me Thai food is one of the best in Asia so you should be proud of it. And seeing people considered as chefs Fu is not a great deal :-(

• I agree that Thai food is def one of Asia's best - it's so diverse. There are sub-grouping within Thai cuisine by region [North, North East/Isan, Central, South are very distinct], Thai-Chinese, and some of our desserts have Portuguese (actually it was the Portuguese traders that introduced chilli to Thailand and we started to eat spicy food!!!!) roots and now with the fusion genre, there's lots of Italian-Thai fusion too. Since we are food loving country, we are spoiled. I can find food quality Japanese, Korean, German, Italian, Lebanese, Indian food here too.

• I agree that Thai food is def one of Asia's best - it's so diverse. There are sub-grouping within Thai cuisine by region [North, North East/Isan, Central, South are very distinct], Thai-Chinese, and some of our desserts have Portuguese (actually it was the Portuguese traders that introduced chilli to Thailand and we started to eat spicy food!!!!) roots and now with the fusion genre, there's lots of Italian-Thai fusion too. Since we are food loving country, we are spoiled. I can find food quality Japanese, Korean, German, Italian, Lebanese, Indian food here too.

You say some interesting things about Thai food. I didn't know that Portuguese introduced chili to Thai.

I know that some Japan food are from Portugal ;-)

Thailand is a also a tourism country so it's normal to find restaurants from every country ;-)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!