LA journalists don't even know who the bp members are

• blinks always pretend like bp are some big shots in the US because they always hang out with some D list nepo kids,

but journalists have no idea who is who when they aren't told beforehand...

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

he really thought that was jennie when she has been spending almost more time there than in Korea

so not only have journalists no idea how jennie looks like, they don't even know lisa?

guess it's just blackpink as a full group they know...

Approved the thread.
  • they don't know any other kpop groups either so i dont really get what's the drag

• they were teasing her because she was ignoring the paparazzi

• they don't know any other kpop groups either so i dont really get what's the drag

Yep. They only know BTS 😊 That's why every boygroups or Asian men that came to US they think it's BTS. That's never happened to other groups because they only know BTS in Kpop.

it's towards blinks acting as if their faves are some established soloists or "big" in the west, when journalists don't even know how each member looks. no one outside the kpop bubble knows who they are individually, so it's time to drop the whole "gp" excuses.

• Trolololololol

??? BTS is the most known group in kpop. Jay Park even tweeted about how some random local in the US asked if he was in BTS. Some less popular kpop boygroup even got mistaken on as BTS before. And they keep asking NCT & the members if they are in BTS.

Some asshole papz might be trolling & only namedropping BTS cause they don't know who that group is or some genuine thought it's BTS. Still doesn't change the fact that BTS is the most known Kpop group. That never happened to Blackpink with other girl groups OR any other groups who came visit in the US, cause again BTS IS THE ONLY MAINSTREAM KPOP GROUP IN THE US.

• ??? BTS is the most known group in kpop. Jay Park even tweeted about how some random local in the US asked if he was in BTS. Some less popular kpop boygroup even got mistaken on as BTS before. And they keep asking NCT & the members if they are in BTS.

Some asshole papz might be trolling & only namedropping BTS cause they don't know who that group is or some genuine thought it's BTS. Still doesn't change the fact that BTS is the most known Kpop group. That never happened to Blackpink with other girl groups OR any other groups who came visit in the US, cause again BTS IS THE ONLY MAINSTREAM KPOP GROUP IN THE US.

That's my point. The fact that any Asian male group, or Asian male soloist is called BTS or asked if they're in BTS is not a compliment because clearly it means that no one actually knows WHO BTS are, just the NAME BTS.

It's embarrassing, it's not a compliment to BTS for anyone and everyone to be called BTS... You don't see any random female singer being called Taylor Swift, or any random male singer being called Harry Styles. You don't see every rock group being called the Foo Fighters.

It really isn't a compliment.

(I mean we can always start the conversation on racism and stereotyping but that's probably not an anon discussion).

• the only people who think BP is known in USA by mainstream media/GP are their fans from the other side of the world

• They don't know who anyone in KPop is, so why is that seen as a diss, KPop fan on KPop forum? You think the paps know your faves?

Group of Asian men - 'hi BTS!!' And that's not the compliment to BTS some Army's think it is. Ask any random LA pap to name all seven members. Or even just one...

• These are bottom-feeding paparazzi, hardly "journalists."

Yep. They only know BTS 😊 That's why every boygroups or Asian men that came to US they think it's BTS. That's never happened to other groups because they only know BTS in Kpop.

I'm literally laughing my ass off at you thinking that's a good thing. Just stop and think about what you're saying. If everyone is constantly confusing other people of the same ethnicity for you, that means THEY DON'T REALLY KNOW WHO YOU ARE EITHER!

I've said it once, and I'll say it a million times, BTS are not mainstream in the US. No kpop act is. Just because people have heard the name at some point or another, that doesn't mean they have the familiarity to associate it with anything. These people you're referring to don't even know their FACES, much less their names or their songs.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go reattach my ass.

• I really could not care less for americans and their terrible journalism it is actually more of a burn for them cuz they can't even do their stupid job probably getting overpayed too lool

• so are we supposed to celebrate unprofessionalism that might also be racially charged?

• The people bringing BTS into this are missing the point that BTS has literally invented the idea of the Asian Male Group in the West for most people (again, GP POV). And people don’t bother to learn members of group’s names — they know the frontperson at best, lbr. But they recognize the “essence”/idea of the group.

People don’t have the same concept of an Asian Female Group in the US yet and it’s likely the BP members could walk through most US cities unnoticed, even as a group.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!