So, are the songs in Born Pink are intended for west/global audience?

• I'm not following much about Born Pink, like their producer teams and such.
    But after I heard all the tracks, mainly the bsides, they left me an impression that these are like a song that were released by western artists.

Like, if I haven't listened to those yet and my friend comes to me giving Hard to Love or Happiest Girl, and they said that this is a new song from some western artist, I would believe them.

Anw, I like most of the bsides. Maybe Tally need some time on me tho.

• I think they still have a good amount of Korean songs but yeah it’s clear where they are gearing towards which as long as they aren’t getting complaints from their Korean base it doesn’t matter much

• almost same like The Album isnt it?

The Album already have few english song + majority english songs. But the korean songs are still there. It is a good mix

• yes...with each comeback they're using more English and less Korean.

The Album already have few english song + majority english songs. But the korean songs are still there. It is a good mix

well, I don't mean the language used but more on the sound it self.
    like the... arrangement? the composing? Idk I forgot the term for it, but the sound of each songs that give me that vibe.

• well, I don't mean the language used but more on the sound it self.
    like the... arrangement? the composing? Idk I forgot the term for it, but the sound of each songs that give me that vibe.

The kpop sound has long evolved and having been taking elements from Eng pop. EDM was not kpop too until SM and YG popularised it.

Newjeans whole debut album is literally English pop-infused songs too. Or maybe we should say, this is the new kpop sound?

• The kpop sound has long evolved and having been taking elements from Eng pop. EDM was not kpop too until SM and YG popularised it.

Newjeans whole debut album is literally English pop-infused songs too. Or maybe we should say, this is the new kpop sound?

hmm maybe?

because kpop songs nowadays reaaalllllyy different from how it sounds on 2000-ish
    (well tbf, pop songs nowadays in general are also different from the pop in 90)

• well, I don't mean the language used but more on the sound it self.

their song arrangement has been the same since debut

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!