Controversial opinion incoming #4

• A lot of times I see stuff like idols should leave their group, or that the group should just leave the company because the company is mistreating them.

And I'm like wait, so historically over the years, how many of your faves who disbanded and ventured solo, or left the company, actually turned out to be more successful than they were in the group? Answer is not many

Lets think of some yeah? Sunmi maybe she is successful now like really successful. Chungha duhhhh but then I.O.I only had like what 5 minutes of fame of we dont count that. Hyuna .... I just wanna laugh at Cube for throwing away their biggest star Cube made things so easy for P Nation it's like they be like "HAHA TAKE MY ARTIST BE RICH BITCH"

So yeah not many people actually became more famous than they were. I probably missed out a few more but historically speaking on average, people don't tend to do better than they were in their group. Even my faves Sistar and 2NE1, they are doing well and they are happy doing what they love now, but we all know the stuff they put out as Sistar and 2NE1 were on a different tier of godly hits.

So I'm like do you really think your faves can outdo the fame they had when they are in the group now? Even for Day6 I don't know exactly if I want them to leave JYPE, but just hope they stay together. Technically they don't need JYPE for their music since they write and co-produce everything, probably just a company that can promote them well.

Not just KPOP, even in the Western music industry how many left the group and became bigger? Like 1/3 of Destiny Child, 1/5 of Fifth Harmony, like yo they really took the meaning of fifth to another level. NSync? Yeah Justin Timberlake. Girls Aloud? I only know Cheryl.

And now I'm asking you, spitting out stuff like MISMANAGEMENT MISTREATMENT BLAH BLAH over the smallest shit and I'm like ok leave then and see if they can be more successful than they are now

kthxbye I'm off to work

1. Controversial opinion incoming
    2. Controversial opinion incoming #2
    3. Controversial opinion incoming #3
  • yeah when people say their faves can do better without their company ain't always true. They forget that the music they liked by their fave group is a company's music, once they leave they cant take it with them, nor the fashion, etc. I'm blackjack and people said 2ne1 would be better without yg, just like how they say about BP, but when 2ne1 left there was no Teddy to give them that yg bop. Their music was different, fashion, MV was different. But hey they are happy now, that's all that matters. Once you leave, who knows, some will succeed some wont.

• yeah when people say their faves can do better without their company ain't always true. They forget that the music they liked by their fave group is a company's music, once they leave they cant take it with them, nor the fashion, etc. I'm blackjack and people said 2ne1 would be better without yg, just like how they say about BP, but when 2ne1 left there was no Teddy to give them that yg bop. Their music was different, fashion, MV was different. But hey they are happy now, that's all that matters. Once you leave, who knows, some will succeed some wont.

They probably haven't experience their faves leaving or disbanding venturing solo, and their mind is still with rainbows and unicorns that once their faves leave they will stop being 'sabotaged' by their old company.

I would think only groups whose sound don't largely depend on the company, aka mostly groups who self write and self compose that can have a shot.

• They probably haven't experience their faves leaving or disbanding venturing solo, and their mind is still with rainbows and unicorns that once their faves leave they will stop being 'sabotaged' by their old company.

I would think only groups whose sound don't largely depend on the company, aka mostly groups who self write and self compose that can have a shot.

Agree!

• I see what you mean yup

t depends tho

Like if they are doing fine with the group and are happy then I think staying makes sense cos power as a group is almost always bigger

BUT if they are unhappy thats when I want them to leave

A lot of people just assume that their idols are unhappy and that they are being tortured and all

:sweatr1::sweatr1:

• A lot of people just assume that their idols are unhappy and that they are being tortured and all

:sweatr1::sweatr1:

Yeah I don't like speculation.

If the person leaves and says they were unhappy then that's what I take as my idol being unhappy.

• Yeah I don't like speculation.

If the person leaves and says they were unhappy then that's what I take as my idol being unhappy.

most don't reveal that because they don't want to burn any bridges.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!