kdrama tropes that you actually like?

• what tropes do u actually like?:whatb:

for me personally, it has to be the truck of doom and the dramatic accidental-fall on each other. lol as cliche as they both are, is a kdrama rlly complete without them? the drama that i'm watching currently (It's called Vincenzo, pls check it out it's actually rlly good! :blushing: ) had a truck of doom jumpscare and i almost shat myself.

paP3csR.png

original.jpgb911734b33e32c251a00f2ed09a02f1c.giforiginal.jpg

Edited once, last by aesuki ().

• oh no not the truck of doom! I get's me so angry when that happens lol. I hate the very overly unfair society trope. But i do like Vincenzo.

I guess I do lowkey like when the leads have a connection back in their childhoods. It's very predictable, but its also endearing sometimes. And the loud female character. I'm always aplauding female characters that speak their mind.

• oh no not the truck of doom! I get's me so angry when that happens lol. I hate the very overly unfair society trope. But i do like Vincenzo.

I guess I do lowkey like when the leads have a connection back in their childhoods. It's very predictable, but its also endearing sometimes. And the loud female character. I'm always aplauding female characters that speak their mind.

oooh yes! I'm glad more female leads are becoming more confident and actually speaking their minds. I hate when they let the antagonists walk all over them, it's so frustrating :mads:

• I guess I do lowkey like when the leads have a connection back in their childhoods. It's very predictable, but its also endearing sometimes.

Many dislike overdone childhood connection but I'm okay with it if it makes sense. I don't want to give examples because they are in most cases spoilers and relevant to the plot, but I'll mentioned an example where it's there just to be there: true beauty. It literally has noting to do with the plot, in fact it makes it worse and ruin the lead's connection.

I'm embarrassed to say this but contract relationships :shyr: i find interesting to watch two random people becoming friends then lovers. Yes, I'm cheap like that : /

• 1. Genuine friends to lovers trope like in Weightlifting Fairy where neither of them had any sort of feelings for each other and no hints of that either. Idk the progression of their relationship just really felt natural there.

2. Cross dressing like in Sungkyunkwan Scandal. It was hilarious in The Tale of Nokdu, and liked it in Moonlight drawn by Clouds too.

3. The drinking tents (??) lol you know that part in every kdrama where they go to this outdoor food stall and get drunk under the stars. I wish we had that here in the US

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!