Yixing broke the floor (not clickbait)

• Wish I had one

:pepecute:

Not kidding at all, go to a nearby shelter or three and look for a cat with blue eyes who seems talkative, you'll find a siamese. So many people abandon cats, it's scary. Even purebreds. SIAMESE ARE TALKATIVE IN ADDITION TO THE STANDARD LOOK.

That's how I found my beautiful color-point Siamese, my lovely calico-and-siamese-girl, my beloved cat. ADOPT A CAT, IT WILL BETTER YOUR LIFE. 100% guaranteed.

My lovely baby was shy at first even with me, because she grew up a feral cat for three-four years and had learned to fear people. She hid EVERYWHERE, but that was okay. I wanted her to feel secure. Gradually she learned to trust, and her list of trusted people is still short, but it includes my parents, my good friends, and the postal service. Lol, her learning over about eight months to trust the postman was funny, but rewarding, and he now tries to hide the fact that he brings her tins of tuna or other little cat treats because he likes her. She rapidly came around to be the sweetest, most annoyingly-nuzzling -the-keyboard girl ever (and still is shy with people she doesn't know, which is why I often don't bring dates home, I don't want to scare her with a new person). IDC how my house looks, I care that the cat will be uncomfortable. But she's grown to trust our regular postman, and the woman who cares for her over holidays when I have to leave (my family spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with my grandfather who may expire every day, so all our time is precious with him).

Feral cats CAN be domesticated (that they can't is a MYTH), it just takes patience and gentleness and understanding of how cats communicate. And when they are, they become the most loyal friends EVER. When I come home from my job, it would take a backhoe to separate my kitty from me.

ADOPT A CAT people. If I have any platform at all, please adopt a cat. Boyfriends are secondary, dogs require a lot more daily maintenance, ADOPT A CAT. And a black cat, if you can, they historically have trouble getting adopted, but are so sweet. Please do consider black cats as well as others when you adopt, it's important to their survival. Any mythos around them is false. they're just kitties who want help.

I'll tell you a story, because I volunteered at a lot of pet shelters (PLEASE CONSIDER ADOPTING BLACK CATS/KITTENS!). There was a HUGE fluffy black cat, I mean enormous, think bobcat-sized, who'd been there for four years. Bad tempered as hell, you could barely get near him unless you knew him. He'd come to me for pets, because I spent hours just sitting in the cat room motionless letting them smell me or even claw me if that was what they needed, but I was literally the only volunteer who could lay hands on him. I learned to give vaccines because I knew he needed it and none of the vets could get near.

He had the most beautiful whiskers, so long and elegant. He really was a beautiful cat, I considered taking him home even though my Siamese tolerates no others. But not a nice kitty. He was BIG, around 30 lbs but not a single ounce of fat at all, just big-boned. Honestly, he was intimidating, and he RULED the cat room, no other cat would come close because he was the undisputed king. No one thought he'd get adopted. He'd been there for four years, he was a black cat, he had long hair, and he didn't get used to people easily, so how would he attract adopters? I sat in that room with him for hours, and eventually he'd slink over to my lap for pettings.

Eventually he did get adopted, and he didn't get returned to the shelter, so it DID work out with his new owners. We explained to them his problems, and they understood my boy. He never was returned to the shelter, and we got a pic of him a year later being happy laying into a ball of wool.

I share this story because SO MANY PEOPLE care deeply about pets (and rightly so). I think my favs are good people, I think they take care of their pets responsibly. But the only thing I can say with confidence is "I saved some cats".

Please adopt. I went to three humane center shelters before I found the (formerly feral) cat who has now lived with me for a decade in the best comfort I can provide to her, and snuggled me through so many conflicts. There are very, very special animals in shelters. Please adopt.

• Thanks for sharing your heart warming story it's so nice of you :3

Though I love cats as well I am more of a dog person but they are hard to take care of and my house is not suitable at all..

My cat love started to grow even more lately esp after some of my friends adopted cats :3

I seriously want to adopt but I still live with my parents and they are strict about it. Mom said if I bring home a cat she will kick me out with the cat

:pepecute:

She was not kidding but well mom is taking care of my little niece and nephew in the daytime at our home so it's even harder to persuade her and I kinda would feel worried for the cat little kids can hurt without knowing while I am not at home

:pepe-life-support:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!