Garam was a victim?

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

if this is true, its too late and HYBE messed up badly

Approved the thread.
  • But the post doesn't deny that she went to the comittee and got a punishment for bullying

It just say that after she was sent to the comittee she became a victim too

So i don't think hybe did a wrong thing

Because yes even if she was a victim after, she was a bully in the past and Hybe fire her for her bully attitude in the past

• Accounts of garam potentially being a victim are nothing new, and anyone who tries to act as such is a hypocrite. HYBE has been trying to defend her and the public wasn't having it, hence she was removed from the group.

Irregardless of what actually happened, this post is way too late now.

• But the post doesn't deny that she went to the comittee and got a punishment for bullying

It just say that after she was sent to the comittee she became a victim too

So i don't think hybe did a wrong thing

Because yes even if she was a victim after, she was a bully in the past and Hybe fire her for her bully attitude in the past

hybe claimed that garam protected her friend

• "Hybe messed up badly". Lets not take to blaming the company now. Not when in the company's statement they did mention that she was also a victim of bullying but very few wanted to believe that. What you people fail to realize is that it is the public's opinion that holds the most weight here. Hybe did not end their contract with her because she was apparently a bully in the past. No, they ended their contract with her because the public's opinion of her had taken a turn for the worst and people would not stop witch hunting her. They had to protect themselves not because someone called the child a bully. No, they protected themselves and their business from the public's outrage. So lets not just sit around and blame the company. Instead how about you kpop stans learn something from this? Perhaps how to act because that kid did not deserve the amount of slander and hatred spewed at her on forums, on twitter and elsewhere. But, what's done is done now so please, if any of you have the least bit of compassion for her, just leave her be.

• I would say yes, if not with this then its with netizen. The girl was twelve, a freaking twelve years old. But she got bullied out of the group for what she did at twelve, not 16, not the age where the evidence came out.

Sometimes I don't want to say all these because it seems like Im defending the girl and setting a precedence that we should be OK with someone doing a fault. But I do believe in second chance, and whats more she was freaking twelve at the time, basically a kid. Wasnt the issue because they got her friends naked photo? But thats not a crime in SK i supposed. Netizen can be so unforgiving with the mob mentality.

Because the trend that if youre labeled as a bully, doesnt matter real or false, they will mob you until you ‘pay’ for your crime and they feel honorable in doing so. But in the process, they are doing what they are stoning you for. Its an adrenaline of a high that setting precedence for all future cases, and as it is, i dont think itll ever change.

Just so unfortunate for all parties involved, lessafirm, garam, the victim. We just really lack true empathy online.

• Shouldn’t hype have said she did mess up in the past but was punished and became a victim herself? Maybe it would’ve ended better than

• Doesn't change the fact that she has a level 5 disposition. That official record is what will stay with her for the rest of her life.

A huge company fired a girl for her past as a bully. I'm glad this happened since it will bring a lot of change to the industry where bullies are concerned. Garam may have been the unfortunate example but at least we'll see some positive change. Maybe some young people will think twice before engaging in school violence.

• the fact that this all happned when they were literally 12 and she ended up also getting bullied from that point on is sad!!

HYBE/SoMu ruined this girls life and made the situation so much worse than it could have been

• it doesn't matter anymore. hybe tried to save her but it just didn't work out because the public already decided that she's a criminal that her dreams should be ruined. it's life, it's never fair. she already left so if you feel sorry for her, just wish her the best on her future path and stop bothering her anymore.

• "Hybe messed up badly". Lets not take to blaming the company now. Not when in the company's statement they did mention that she was also a victim of bullying but very few wanted to believe that. What you people fail to realize is that it is the public's opinion that holds the most weight here. Hybe did not end their contract with her because she was apparently a bully in the past. No, they ended their contract with her because the public's opinion of her had taken a turn for the worst and people would not stop witch hunting her. They had to protect themselves not because someone called the child a bully. No, they protected themselves and their business from the public's outrage. So lets not just sit around and blame the company. Instead how about you kpop stans learn something from this? Perhaps how to act because that kid did not deserve the amount of slander and hatred spewed at her on forums, on twitter and elsewhere. But, what's done is done now so please, if any of you have the least bit of compassion for her, just leave her be.

Well said, but as we see with the whole Min Hee Jin situation, kpop fans will never learn. I've honestly never understood why so much weight is given to public opinion in kpop. That is the weakness in the whole business model, yes, fans can make a difference, lift a group as we've seen with BTS, but by the same token, the immaturity, the cultural differences, the outright cowardice and pettiness is incredibly destructive, and it's no one else but these idols that end up suffering.

• the fact that this all happned when they were literally 12 and she ended up also getting bullied from that point on is sad!!

HYBE/SoMu ruined this girls life and made the situation so much worse than it could have been

lol the fact that u put all the blame on the company and leave out the "fans" who were the ones literally witch hunting her, salivating at the prospect of her losing her dreams is truly the problem.

• Kim garam is the biggest victim out of this incident. Her career, her mental health, her life all ruined with this. If hybe had backed her like sm backed taeyang then she would have atleast had a shoulder to lie on. But this company terminated her contract without her consent and threatened her parents to not say a word about their involvement in this case. I hope she recovers from this as soon as possible because this is too much negativity for 16 year old. It is heartbreaking to see all these disgusting connotations kpop fans associated her with since this rumor came out. I hope she and her parents did not come across some of the stuff I have seen. I hope those around her are strong enough to give her strength during this time. Because Kim Garam does not deserve this. I'm sure Kim Garam will get her justice one day.

• I dislike it when anyone gets punished for stuff they said or did when they were 12 years old.

I dislike it even more when as the reports stated she got an official warning when she got it while defending her friend against bullies and those same bullies and their parents managed to make a warning stick to her record, after which those bullies made her life a living hell for a long time.

Just because she was brave and outraged enough to stand up for her friend against her bullies.

• L

I dislike it when anyone gets punished for stuff they said or did when they were 12 years old.

I dislike it even more when as the reports stated she got an official warning when she got it while defending her friend against bullies and those same bullies and their parents managed to make a warning stick to her record, after which those bullies made her life a living hell for a long time.

Just because she was brave and outraged enough to stand up for her friend against her bullies.

Same .. Most of all I dislike the court of kpoop opinion

-

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!